what would make my sc do this?? about launch

92sclikenew

ok well i will start out with whats done to my car.

89 blower ported matching plenum
10%
stock exhaust but no cats no resonator no mufflers
a/c delete
3:73 gears
rebuilt trans (suppose to be rebuilt stronger then stock)
home custom cia down in stock air silincer location

well when i launch my car seems like if i was spining the tires and going side ways

but the car dont spin the tires it just grips and go's, but feel as if it spun the tires ands the rear of the car slides out to the left. the front heads to the right but just as if the car would be spinning the tires you can steer out of it and still go straight as the rear of the car feels as if it was still sliding out. once let off the throttle the car will pull a bit left if you dont turn the wheel back to the place when it is not on throttle if any of this makes since.

10%
a/c delete

well when i launch my car seems like if i was spining the tires and going side ways

but the car dont spin the tires it just grips and go's, but feel as if it spun the tires ands the rear of the car slides out to the left. the front heads to the right but just as if the car would be spinning the tires you can steer out of it and still go straight as the rear of the car feels as if it was still sliding out. once let off the throttle the car will pull a bit left if you dont turn the wheel back to the place when it is not on throttle if any of this makes since.

none of that makes sense to me ^^^:confused:

so your car is sliding sideways on launches but the tires aren't spinning ? i dont think thats possible :confused:

10%
a/c delete

How does that sound with no cats resonator or mufflers and the factory pipes??

BUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!

yea i think your tires are spinning. think about it, its impossible for your car to just slide sideways without the tires letting go of the road.

If rear tire pressures are low enough it will have a tendency to kick the car to one side upon hard acceleration without really spinning the tires. I had this happen when lowering my slicks down to about 14 pounds for better traction. Car left the line like the tires were made out of jello and started heading towards the wall hard...had to let off to straighten it back out.

If he lowered the pressure in his street tires to get more traction (big mistake), I could see it happening.

David

just make sure your rear end has the right fliud in it. it has to have an additive for it so the little clutchs dont slip:cool:

Back