WTB Odometer Gears

grateful_carl

Anyone have a set of the good aftermarkets they want to sell? Hate to pay $50 for them and I just went through local pull and pray junkyard and found 5/5 stripped or broken gears. Ford messed upon this one...

I bought an odometer repair kit about a year ago for my SC. Paid 50 bucks for two tiny plastic gears that probably cost a penny to make. Not only is it not worth the cost but trying to take apart the odometer without losing any pieces is a real PITA. I think it would be cheaper and easier to find a good used one at a salvage yard. Thats what I ended up doing. I still have the repair kit in my tool box in the garage.

I bought an odometer repair kit about a year ago for my SC. Paid 50 bucks for two tiny plastic gears that probably cost a penny to make. Not only is it not worth the cost but trying to take apart the odometer without losing any pieces is a real PITA. I think it would be cheaper and easier to find a good used one at a salvage yard. Thats what I ended up doing. I still have the repair kit in my tool box in the garage.

Tim I just went through 5 Thunderbird or Cougar odometers from the junkyard--everyone had a broken small gear and a very brittle large gear. Do you want to sell your repair kit?

Back