Bearings from Long Block

fturner

Hey guys,

My son and I have slowly been pulling apart the Gavinator, and I thought I'd take a look at the crank bearings at the #1 journal. Its obvious this motor has been rebuilt what with the exhaust manifold gaskets installed, and the ridiculous amount of Black RTV on the oil pan.

I've included a snap shot of the bearing, and here's the part number stamped on it.

Ford #E8DE-6A338-AABA with the numbers 10 then 89 which I don't know what those mean.

Now to me the bearing looks good with no copper showing, so they have to be fairly new. I also took at look at rod bearing and again no copper etc. I'm thinking I should be good to go with these bearings, but just double check the clearances using plasti gauge.

Your thoughts?

Attachments

• DSC00694.JPG
    DSC00694.JPG
    313.9 KB · Views: 74
I thought that to about the numbers as the connecting rod bearing I checked had a 11 89 number on it.

I pulled apart another long block I have that I knew had about 25k km's on it after a complete rebuild and the front bearing was showing copper, but the crank had already been shaved 10 thou according to the bearings, and unfortunately I nicked the bearing surface on the surface where the #3 connecting rod would hook up when taking it apart so the crank is no good anymore since we're not suppose to have our crank's shaved more than 10 thou.

The bearing I'm showing is from a 35th with about 200000 km on it (approx 120k miles) with clear evidence of a rebuild on the motor. I am "PRAYING" the crank hasn't been reground 10 thou so worse case scenario I need it done.

thats not bad I pulled a motor with 230 000 to 250 000 km and all bearings had copper showing and on the number one it was all just copper nothing eles.

Could someone check that part number and explain exactly what it is?

I need to know if that crank has been ground down or not.

Back