Where to get a spanner nut wrench?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I've heard of several methods to remove the collar nut on the SC top, but since Im gonna be doing alot of work on my bird (hopefully more birds in the future), i want to get the correct one. I saw it on supercoupe performance.com for $60 plus shipping, but im wondering if any one knows of another place to get it for cheaper. Thanx

l.g.

Go down to Harbor Freight and pick up one of their spanner (or collar) nut wrenchs for about $15. I think it's the 3-1/2" one you need. You can't use a torque wrench on it, but if you've been using torque wrenchs for a while you can guestimate 140+ ft/lbs. I do it all the time. LOL

If you want the special wrench, you'll either have to get it from SCP or you could have a machine shop make you one. Just look at the collar nut and I'm sure you can figure out how the wrench looks to have one fabbed.

Paul

PS: I bought the wrench, but I've only used it twice. Once to install my raised top, and once to work on the PS pump. Now I take my top and tube off as one piece when I need to get to something.

or head to SnapOn/Blue Point

Paul is probably right, the best wrench for the value probably comes from Harbor Freight. But just for referance, Blue Point / Snap-On tools makes a really nice spanner wrench, although I'm not exactly sure of the price (I've made a deal with the Devil and my Snap-On dealer). Also, the size is fully adjustable, it's all steel, pretty easy to use, and I'm sure I'll eventually use it for something else. Plus the re-sale on Snap-On stuff is amazing, so if I ever need to dump it, it'll sell OK on Ebay.
Late!
------Dylan

Yep...Habor Freight...

I got a Spanner wrench "SET" the biggest one being the one for our TOP, Three spanners in the set with another tool that I did not look too close at since I did not need it. Also I would add that the quality of my set is pretty much top notch, I have worked with Snap-on all through my aircraft mech years, and they are great tools, but for this particular application I would say go with the Harbor freight wrench set...It was 13bux via the net shopping...Although I would not do the online thing unless you have no other way to do it...It took over 2 weeks to get my sh!t from them...Way to FN long IMO...And they say you can get other freight service to upgrade, but I found no such option anywhere....So I suppose that you could call the order in and get some other shipping, unles of course time is not an issue for ya..

Cheers

Back