PDA

View Full Version : IT LIVES,but..........

ecyrbh
10-07-2007, 05:16 PM
After almost 7 years,my 91 came to life today,but now without a gremlin.If I jump across the solenoid on the fender I can get the engine to crank,but if I twist the key,I get lights on the dash ok,but no crank. Is there another relay elsewhere or is my ignition switch junk? Please help....Very happy,but confused....

ecyrbh
10-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Nevermind,Solved my own problem.It helps if you dont get over anxious,and forget to plug in the neutral safety harness on the trans.Still need a solenoid on the fender because it just clicks once or twice before it turns over.

ScrapSC
10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
If you have the plug on connector on the starter make sure you clean it good and the fit is tight. I have had to run out to where my wife works due to it not starting and found it to be the culprit.

ecyrbh
10-07-2007, 08:19 PM
No,nothing but my own mistake.Still had the extension harness for the neutral-safety and speed sensor still in a storage bin.Plugged everything together and Vroooom.Sounds good with open exhaust,Idles smooth and good oil pressure.Haven't run(ran) long enough to get up to temp yet.:)