IT LIVES,but..........

ecyrbh

After almost 7 years,my 91 came to life today,but now without a gremlin.If I jump across the solenoid on the fender I can get the engine to crank,but if I twist the key,I get lights on the dash ok,but no crank. Is there another relay elsewhere or is my ignition switch junk? Please help....Very happy,but confused....

Nevermind,Solved my own problem.It helps if you dont get over anxious,and forget to plug in the neutral safety harness on the trans.Still need a solenoid on the fender because it just clicks once or twice before it turns over.

If you have the plug on connector on the starter make sure you clean it good and the fit is tight. I have had to run out to where my wife works due to it not starting and found it to be the culprit.

No,nothing but my own mistake.Still had the extension harness for the neutral-safety and speed sensor still in a storage bin.Plugged everything together and Vroooom.Sounds good with open exhaust,Idles smooth and good oil pressure.Haven't run(ran) long enough to get up to temp yet.:)

Back