posting my slip 11.921 @116.77

pro street rich

Guys it should be up by thursday. I got to get a new scanner as I broke my old one... Just to let you all know that way you can see it all for yourself.........Rich

Mmmkay. Why didn't we wait until Thursday to start this thread...you know, when you're ready to post the slip? Also, what is a slip really going to prove other than that you have a car that runs 11.9's?

-Rod

just what I had hoped for, or knew would happen..

Mmmkay. Why didn't we wait until Thursday to start this thread...you know, when you're ready to post the slip? Also, what is a slip really going to prove other than that you have a car that runs 11.9's?

-Rod

That is why I had the car inspected by THREE people at the track who ALL signed off on the slip that it is in fact a V6 car...I tried to post the slip and found that the scanner was not working. That is how this got going..

also correct

he said in other thread it was his v6 with the SS minnow engine in it

This is the car with the engine that was to go into a marine install. This is also the same engine that when first put into the car dropped 286+ horse to the rear wheels with the stock blower and everything else being stock except the double innercooler...Now it has gotten a lot of goodies added to it. That is why it can run a bit better and yes this was the car that was going to go to the shoot out.....Rich

offer was made to use this car..

Rich,

Is this another one of your elobrate pranks :confused:

David

David, I made the offer that if anyone wanted to take the car to the shoot out all they had to do was show up...The car is here, want to do a road trip?? You are welcome to drop by anytime..Tim does and we always have some fun with something to drive around the block.....Rich

Rich,

With all due respect.......In order to believe that your v6 stock longblock marine motor ran those times, I would first have to believe that this 437 rwhp dyno sheet was from the same car.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27658&d=1185023716

To put it bluntly, I don't believe it even came from an SC motor...HP curve is all wrong...A/F ratio looks all wrong too.

I do believe that the same car that pulled those numbers on the dyno, could and probably did run the ET & MPH you are claiming. I just don't believe it was done with the car you are claiming. I think the dyno sheet and probably the timeslip are from a carbed big block..not a 3.8 SC motor. You may have some of the noobs around here believing it, but anyone with a 12 second or quicker SC isn't buying it.

You had the chance to prove it by bringing the car to the Shootout. It came as no surprise that you didn't show up with this super freak of a car. I know you posted why you couldn't come, but I'm sure that you could have made it if you wanted to. What is confusing to me is why you continue to make these outrageous claims. I know you have other cars that are very capable of running faster and quicker than any SCs on this board...example: 600 plus CID big block race motor in an SC that has already ran 9s. I can only think of one reason.

The reason I asked if this was one of your pranks...is because I thought you might be trying to illustrate just how easy it is to produce a fictitious dyno sheet and timeslips to show that Jim's recent claims may not be true either. In order to do that you would have to admit it was all a hoax.

Since I'm from the Show Me state, I'm gonna have to see it to believe it.

David

Last edited:
The reason I asked if this was one of your pranks...is because I thought you might be trying to illustrate just how easy it is to produce a fictitious dyno sheet and timeslips to show that Jim's recent claims may not be true either.

I'm not getting into the middle of this one..However that was my basic argument with anyone that ever questioned me. How easy would it be to just make something up. Dyno sheets are easy to come by as are freinds to sign as witnesses. Especially if you know someone.

In the end its all about trust. I dont understand why Rich would lie or mislead us to believe otherwise. We cant expect people to provide video documentation, timeslips or dyno sheets..However all of them mean nothing if there is no trust. And when things are to outrageous to believe. Trust can be lost.

How many people would have believed Iras 475 rwhp if they hadnt known Ira well or seen it in person? A few years ago people would have said NO ~~~~ WAY. To me though Iras #'s are not to outrageous to believe..And with better heads and more cam who knows...500+

Anywaysss

I'm not getting into the middle of this one..However that was my basic argument with anyone that ever questioned me. How easy would it be to just make something up. Dyno sheets are easy to come by as are freinds to sign as witnesses. Especially if you know someone.

In the end its all about trust. I dont understand why Rich would lie or mislead us to believe otherwise. We cant expect people to provide video documentation, timeslips or dyno sheets..However all of them mean nothing if there is no trust. And when things are to outrageous to believe. Trust can be lost.

How many people would have believed Iras 475 rwhp if they hadnt known Ira well or seen it in person? A few years ago people would have said NO FFIN WAY. To me though Iras #'s are not to outrageous to believe..And with better heads and more cam who knows...500+

Anywaysss

With higher compression pistons I think it'd push close to 600 hp assuming it was tuned properly and had the right fuel.

11.921 @116.77 Those numbers are right on par with my Mp3'd, headed, cammed, double IC'd, nitroused, long tube headered 4000 lb SC.

My slip
1193slip002.jpg

I dont know any video with a sccoa member standing in it with a watch showing the date and time and maybe a few hundred members watching to back it up I just dont see it id have to witness it myself lol

no really great time your word is my proof

If you don't like talking about your car, your achievements, or showing some shread of proof....like a timeslip or dyno sheet that you are probably already proud of....then don't invite yourself to be a source of attention by making a post about it.

Then again, some people really get off on being evasive and inviting suspicion about their achievements....just to offer up proof later right before people are ready to hang them. These people really enjoy playing mind games with others...and are busters.

I guess what it comes down to is if you don't want to show people proof, or if you are stuck on the fact that this is a free country and you don't HAVE to do anything, or if you are convinced that the internet is just a place to play games and increasing knowledge is just an unwanted byproduct, or if you are so modest that braggin about yourself might lead to an emotional breakdown...then just keep stuff to yourself. Otherwise, contribute to the mission of these forums by discussing what you've done.

And this isn't a response directed at you, just in general. I know some people who never get on these forums have done whack things with Super Coupes....but they don't just appear out of thin air to toot their own horns and then refuse to answer questions. They just keep to themselves period.

Rich,

I think you should take it to the track this Friday and race Tim. He's gonna whup ya. :p

Rich said "a V6 car...", but again that could mean anything. Put an moderately built SC engine in a Miata and you'll be running low 12s, high 11s all day long.

Micah,

I wont take it personal. But I was proud of my red car. I put allot of time and money into it. So proud infact that I was waiting till it was 100% complete to post some real #'s. Seriously not that noone else has gone through the expence I had but I had bought the best of everything I could at the time. However I was never ever evasive and shared everything done to my car from specialty coatings,cam specs, compression ratio and my alltime favorite evans waterless coolant. I just never supplied a dyno sheet or time slip. Never been to the track so that was off and didnt feel the need to post a dyno sheet as I wasnt quite happy 100% with the setup (100% pride thing).

However now I rarely ever mention the car itself since the demise of my AR. I had every intention of giving it another go but something bad happened (I think) and well my blower is gone. I basically got screwed by the person working on it for me. Thus the end of my talking about the car really. I realize some of you guys think I was personally fibbing or what not but what can I do. I dont even have the dyno sheets on my Mustang from Carlisle 2003, my turbo cougar or my supercharged 4.6 bird anymore let alone know where the heck the ones from my red car are at this point. And thats the truth.

And as I have said before..Anyone can get a dyno sheet. I can have Clo print me up 10 that have what would seem a perfect AR 3.8 type HP and tq curve and prove nothing.

As always the sore point for me will be that its gone and chances are I will never even have it running again as the thought of the car sickens me.

As Miller says "Are you just going to let it sit there and rot"....Yah most likely

(This is good SC therapy for me...It forces me to do work to my other cars:O))

Back