Well just took appart my snout. The SC became a very big belt idler. :eek:

Off to Wade to get a key way. Its a press fit but it gave away

Ken the pictures are for you.:)

Shootout07050.jpg

Shootout07051.jpg

Shootout07048.jpg

Shootout07046.jpg

Last edited:
Im not worried things like this happen when you have a prototype of anything. The set up already has worked great, but seems like everyones to compare the set up to has alky injection. So we will have to even out the odds ;). Also Supercharger fluid on the belts, from the front seal lip getting damaged from the heat of the friction at the time of failure, I am sure caused me a few ponies. I have the video of the dyno where it was raining supercharger oil all over my car. Ill see if I can post it.

I am also making small enhancements since its going out anyways. :D

Last edited:
I'll have to wait untill I get home tonight to look at the pictures. Computer here at work wont pull them up. Next year if we got the bugs out we will have to line up at the track and see whos faster

Ken

Yep that was the culprit. The SC fluid made it possible for me to drive the car back to Boston without having to take the sc belt off. It simply lubricated the surfaces so there wasnt any more damage then what it is. SC oil was still some what clean. It was a sign from God preventing me to to race the car. He knew I was going to break an Axle with the BFG streets. :rolleyes:

Something else I found. While I was takin off the top. It was assembled it with Locktite, but it seems that my modified top is not completely flat and had traces of oil on the mating surface, could it mean that I had a small leak and was loosing boost from it. :cool: I will use RTV next time.

My hub is steel so I might not have the same problem. You might have a boost leak on the top. Seal that and you will get more boost Im sure

Ken

Ricardo

Was that the supercharger oil spray you were talking about on that 2nd video ? Looks like the stuff was spraying everywhere.

David

Yeah that was SC oil. At first we though it was water from the melting ice. But when I pulled the car out I turned on the wipers and it puddled to the side of the windshield.

Wade inspected the seal and at the time of failure the of the shaft broke the mating seal. It should be good with a Viton seal and failure free keyway.

Im not worried things like this happen when you have a prototype of anything. The set up already has worked great, but seems like everyones to compare the set up to has alky injection. So we will have to even out the odds ;). Also Supercharger fluid on the belts, from the front seal lip getting damaged from the heat of the friction at the time of failure, I am sure caused me a few ponies. I have the video of the dyno where it was raining supercharger oil all over my car. Ill see if I can post it.

I am also making small enhancements since its going out anyways. :D

What enhancements are you making:confused:

ken

I goin to make a small outlet out of the spacer and modify the top with a small pickup nostrill to p/u the air. I would just get a snow kit and call it a day but I had to tear it appart so off it goes.

And Ken I am considering underdriving the blower a little. I might not do it anytime soon, but in theory I want to move the peak efficiency of the blower slightly higher in the RPMS, with hopes of creating more peak HP slightly higher in the RPMs, I am still trying to understand blower efficiency curves but I dont want to loose boost and not gain anything. I wish I had a quick change system like you do.

I goin to make a small outlet out of the spacer and modify the top with a small pickup nostrill to p/u the air. I would just get a snow kit and call it a day but I had to tear it appart so off it goes.

And Ken I am considering underdriving the blower a little. I might not do it anytime soon, but in theory I want to move the peak efficiency of the blower slightly higher in the RPMS, with hopes of creating more peak HP slightly higher in the RPMs, I am still trying to understand blower efficiency curves but I dont want to loose boost and not gain anything. I wish I had a quick change system like you do.

Just keep posting so I can follow your progress. I want to keep up with you:D

Ken

Back