Are 5 spd-auto IRCM modules diffrent?

kenewagner

Just like the title saids. I have located a 93 IRCM but it is out of a 5spd car. Is there a diffrence in them. One of the local SC owners here said there is a diffrence

Ken

Not that I am aware of.....

5-speed and auto IRCMs should be the same......

What part number is on yours, I'll match it up to the ones that I have....

The number on mine is F1SF12B5 77-AA. I found one in the parts forum and have already paid for it when it was suggested to me there is a diffrence. Would there be a diffrence in the EEC as well?

Ken

The 94/95 IRCM's are different than the 89-93. And the SC IRCM's are different than the ones that come on the LX's.

- Dan

The EEC's are for sure different. almost for each year.
Not really. 89-90 EEC's are all interchangeable. If the car had EGR though and you don't then you'll get a CEL.

91-93 are all essentially the same except for the EGR thing. I think only 91 5spds had EGR.

94-95 EEC's are the same except that there are different ones for 5spds and autos which are not interchangeable.

Programming varies slightly with each catch code but not in such a way as to make one not work with another. For example, one particular EEC commands 29.5 deg timing at WOT but has a very aggressive ACT spark retard whereas others command only 26 deg WOT timing and have a less aggressive spark retard. Another difference is that some EEC's have more speed limiters than others. There are other differences as well but nothing that will prevent the use of one EEC in another car as long as the above guidelines are observed.

I believe that all IRCM's from 89-93 can be interchanged but I have not had time to verify this.

Seems to be a lot more intrest in IRCM. Obviously it does affect performace as well other electrical systems

Ken

To my knowledge the 89-90 IRCM's are NOT interchangable with the 91-93 versions. Also to my knowledge there is NO difference in the IRCM's between auto and manual cars...just the model year differences listed above.

Back