PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the Ford stable

SuperChicken89
10-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Well after several months of searching and then giving up hope of finding one, I am now the owner of a 2006 Hertz Shelby GT-H:D

Back in June my Boss rented one of these out in Palm Springs, CA for a business trip we were on. We had an absolute blast in the rental GT-H and I decided to try and purchase one upon returning home. When Hertz cycled these through, they were then sold at auction. We tried to find one at auction in Fl with a friend who had a dealerís license to no avail. I had given up all hope of purchasing one when my Boss got a call from a friend in Atlanta who knew of 2 for sale. Both my Boss and I each purchased the ones pictured below.

They are in good condition considering they were rental cars that have 18,000 miles on them. They each have the remainder of the manufacturers 3 year 36,000 mile warrantee plus they are a Ford Certified Used Car which extends the power train warrantee to 6 years 70,000 miles.

My GT-H runs great without any mechanical issues. The paint has multiple small scratches in the clear coat which I hope will be color sanded and buffed out.

Now I have to decide which of the other cars must go. I think the 2003 Cobra will be sold to make room for the GT-H.:mad: But I think in the long run the 2006 Hertz Shelby GT-H 40th anniversary Mustang will be worth more money. But who knows:rolleyes:

Bryan

SuperChicken89
10-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Here are a few photos...

onequiksc
10-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Didn't spring for the '76 Pacer ehh Bry? Oh well, you'll just have to wait a little longer for true automobile Utopia...

Love the looks of the car, can't wait to get a ride in it.

You have any help necessary to get the paint the way you want it. Enjoy!

SuperChicken89
10-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Didn't spring for the '76 Pacer ehh Bry? Oh well, you'll just have to wait a little longer for true automobile Utopia...

Love the looks of the car, can't wait to get a ride in it.

You have any help necessary to get the paint the way you want it. Enjoy!

Didn't have enough money in the savings account to cover the more expensive classic Pacer so I opted for the less expensive GT-H. Maybe in a few years I can afford the 76 Pacer.

When I get the GT-H home, I will have to utilize your detailing expertise with a black car to make it beautiful. Right now the paint is a little rough to say the least. What doesn't buff out will have to be repainted. I intend to make this look better than new.

Bryan

Gregthespy
10-10-2007, 08:29 PM
OoOooooohhhhhhhhh....
Purdy!
Congrats on the purchase Bryan, a very nice (and rare) addition to your collection. It sure went to the right person, That car deserves to be kept in great condition, and you have proven that you can provide that to your cars!
Can't wait to see it in person sometime.
Although I have to ask.... Now do you feel bad you ragged the one out in California, now you can only wonder what yours has been through!;) Just kidding, Enjoy it!

fordmangordo
10-10-2007, 09:05 PM
what did you do to your sc?

Brad Klein
10-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Looks good Brian
I will ask my neighbor if he knows anyone that would want the Cobra he owns a vert. PM me a price.

onequiksc
10-11-2007, 08:26 AM
what did you do to your sc?

He still has his SC, tucked away in his garage.

SuperChicken89
10-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Although I have to ask.... Now do you feel bad you ragged the one out in California, now you can only wonder what yours has been through!;) Just kidding, Enjoy it!

Naw... I don't feel bad at all:D But I do feel bad for whoever purchased that one:eek: We definitely thrashed that poor GT-H to within inches of it life. I'm sure all of these cars have been put through the wringer. Hell I talked to someone who rented one last year and took it to the 1/4 mile at Speed World. I never did ask what it ran.

I still have all of my cars. Nothing has been sold at this point in time. The garages are full and no room in the driveway. Something has to go.

Bryan

fordmangordo
10-11-2007, 10:58 AM
well
i could use a new sc
haha

Brad Klein
10-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I still have all of my cars. Nothing has been sold at this point in time. The garages are full and no room in the driveway. Something has to go.

Bryan

So the question is whats sitting out in the driveway?

onequiksc
10-12-2007, 08:32 AM

Umm...Heather?

SuperChicken89
10-12-2007, 10:18 AM

My Yukon Denali:D None of the cars are outside:D

Bryan

SuperChicken89
10-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Umm...Heather?

I don't think so:) She'll have none of that.

Bryan

Kurt K
10-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Congrats Bryan. You're building quite a collection there. Someday I'll make it back down to Florida and check it out in person.

SuperChicken89
10-19-2007, 10:10 PM
The Shelby GT-H is now safely resting in my garage:D This weekend it gets the full cleaning and detail. Dan the detailer is going to work some of his black magic on it:D

Bryan

onequiksc
10-19-2007, 11:47 PM
The Shelby GT-H is now safely resting in my garage:D This weekend it gets the full cleaning and detail. Dan the detailer is going to work some of his black magic on it:D

Bryan

Of course, if we had to be politically correct on here, it would be "African-American" magic.

But it'd look about the same either way. :)

Gregthespy
10-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Glad to see it made it back from Ga. safely. Hmm.... so Dan the detail man will be in the area huhhh????? I may have to capitalize on this event!
If you guys need any help I may just be kicking around the place this weekend.

SuperChicken89
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Glad to see it made it back from Ga. safely. Hmm.... so Dan the detail man will be in the area huhhh????? I may have to capitalize on this event!
If you guys need any help I may just be kicking around the place this weekend.

Greg you're always welcome to stop by. Maybe we could drop the AOD in the Cougar again while you're here:D It does need to be done at least 2 more times:mad:

Bryan

Gregthespy
10-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Maybe we could drop the AOD in the Cougar again while you're here It does need to be done at least 2 more times

That's one way to keep me away! Is that what you said to Kurt to make him move halfway across the country?!?!:D

SuperChicken89
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
:D
That's one way to keep me away! Is that what you said to Kurt to make him move halfway across the country?!?!:D

Come on now where is you spirit of adventure? Kurt K will always be the King of the AOD:D We all pale in comparison.

Dan the detailer came over on Sunday and worked his black magic on the Shelby. Boy what a huge differance that made. We kind of ran out of time and daylight after about 8 hours. But the hard work is done now. In the future it will need a little more attention to a few spots. I may try to tackle it after watching the wizzard work his magic. It has been a long time since I've buffed out a car. I may have to have Dan supervise me:D

Bryan

Kurt K
10-23-2007, 09:13 AM

I've always lived in St Louis, but the other Kurt who used to live near Ocala...I think he lives in Kentucky now.

Yeah, the tranny needs to come out again, but this time it's because the converter wasn't fixed correctly the last time.:mad:

SuperChicken89
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
I've always lived in St Louis, but the other Kurt who used to live near Ocala...I think he lives in Kentucky now.

Yeah, the tranny needs to come out again, but this time it's because the converter wasn't fixed correctly the last time.:mad:

I think the other Kurt lives in the Knoxville, Tennessee area now. When Dan and I were traveling to the shootout, Kurt wanted to meet up in the Knoxville area one night. Unfortunately we didn't travel through Knoxville at night so we never met up.

I hear your AOD problems. I need to drop the AOD in my 69 Cougar again to change the converter. I've got a vibration which is rpm related. Alan(Dirtydog) seems to think it may be the converter. So the AOD will come down and the converter will be sent to Alan for evaluation. I may throw another converter in there just to confirm whether or not that is the problem. I think I'll use wing nuts to install the AOD next. Maybe Velcro will be a better choice:rolleyes:

Bryan

Kurt K
10-24-2007, 10:35 PM
I think the other Kurt lives in the Knoxville, Tennessee area now. When Dan and I were traveling to the shootout, Kurt wanted to meet up in the Knoxville area one night. Unfortunately we didn't travel through Knoxville at night so we never met up.

I hear your AOD problems. I need to drop the AOD in my 69 Cougar again to change the converter. I've got a vibration which is rpm related. Alan(Dirtydog) seems to think it may be the converter. So the AOD will come down and the converter will be sent to Alan for evaluation. I may throw another converter in there just to confirm whether or not that is the problem. I think I'll use wing nuts to install the AOD next. Maybe Velcro will be a better choice:rolleyes:

Bryan

Kentucky / Knoxville, they both start with "K" :rolleyes:

XR7Kurt
10-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Lotta K's being thrown around so I thought I'd better get in on it.:D Kool Kar Bryan! I do live in the Knoxville area now and I've only done one AOD but I did put an E4OD in my Bronco last year and that has to count for at least 3 AOD's.:eek:
Bryan did you put the AOD in the Cougar for the overdrive or just because you love them so much?

Kurt