Brakes Problem!!!!!!!!!!

MANDOsc303

I JUST REPLACED MY MASTER CYLINDER BECAUSE MY BRAKE PEDAL WAS REALLY HARD TO COMPRESS AND DIDN'T HAVE ANY REAR BRAKE PRESSURE. WELL THE CAR IS STILL THE SAME JUST THAT MY BRAKE LIGHT IS OFF NOW BUT NOT THE ABS. I REALLY NEED HELP TO SEE IF THERES A WAY I CAN GET ANY PRESSURE TO MY BACK WHEELS. :confused:

I've found that my electric booster quit working two different times.
The first time the ignition switch was bad, replaced it and all good.
Second time I was in a collision and found a multi-wire ground that had come loose and was corroded, it's near the inside of the driver headlight, behind the header panel. Has a white plastic connector with wires that plugs to a 5 spade silver terminal to ground.
To me it sounds like a booster problem than a MC or Accumulator.

I've found that my electric booster quit working two different times.
The first time the ignition switch was bad, replaced it and all good.
Second time I was in a collision and found a multi-wire ground that had come loose and was corroded, it's near the inside of the driver headlight, behind the header panel. Has a white plastic connector with wires that plugs to a 5 spade silver terminal to ground.
To me it sounds like a booster problem than a MC or Accumulator.

is the electric booster replaceable

I don't believe so...

I think it's actually incorporated in the entire abs system (master cyl). Mine stopped working years ago and I had found a way to hot wire it to cut on but could never find the reason why it wouldn't work on it's own. It eventually led to the demise of the car...

If I could turn back time, I would have converted to conventional brakes... but like I said, this was years ago when the conventional swap was pretty much unheard of...

The abs unit on these cars are also found in old SAAB's and I believe a couple other foreign cars- then adapted to go in the SC's... they replaced those heavy masters with an entirely new unit in the 93 models.

But, I'd go conventional if the basic fixes for this type of problem don't work... Otherwise, you may find yourself pulling your hair out!

Good luck!

DC-

Back