Injector colors..

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Is there such a thing as a blue top 42lb injector?? I bid on a set and realized that only one of them was green! crap.... It makes me think its 5 36#'s and one 42# would i be correct in assuming this because if so i want to see about getting my bid retracted as they are advertised as 42's

One more thing.. Probably a stupid question but....

What is the diffrence between low impedance and high impedance injectors?

Is a AFPR a must for an injector upgrade?

I already know i need a MAF with proper sampling tube and a 255lph pump.. Anything else i need?

I've several sets of injectors and all my dark blue ones are 36's and my 42's are light green. I smell a rat here. It is possible that they are made by 2 different companies who color code them differently but I doubt it.

Last edited:
1st off i did not mean to insult anyone in any way i just was like ohh crap those are all blue but one! just didnt seem right..

I see you couldnt get your car to run right with the and the propper maf.. Did you upgrade the fuel pump? and did up bump up the pressure?

1st off i did not mean to insult anyone in any way i just was like ohh crap those are all blue but one! just didnt seem right..

oh im not saying u were insulting me i just want you and everyone else to know that im not lying.

all i had was the sample tube to compensate. no bigger pump or adj, pressure regualtor or chip/tune.

i bought them from "scooby" on these forums for $150, threw them in after a hg job and other upgrades. tried to start, no go. checked the plugs, black with fuel. i thought, "well i know the inejectors work". changed plugs and tried to start agian. no go. pulled everything back off( SC , plenums, injectors). threw stockers back in to rule out injectors. in the process, i found numerous vacuum leaks, broken nipples off plenums and stripped out holes for the SC top. had to re-tap and thread those and resealed everything that made vacuum around the supercharger. put everything back together and new gas in it and it ran.

so i dont know exactly what it was that fixed it, but Dave D. said they were 42#'s. i think they need other tools to adjust them. and eventually a tune.

and like i said jacob u need a tune anyway ;)

Last edited:
Since this thread contains references to both Bosch (Ford) style and Lucas (GM) style injectors, you guys really shouldn't go by color alone. You have to be clear on what manufacturer. And if the original premise of this thread is correct, you can't judge Lucas injectors by color alone anyway.

For Bosch injectors, that's true. Notice on that page that Lucas 42lbs are shown, and the bodies don't have any special color. Maybe you should go by part number in that case.

Back