rocker panels

tim-g

I just wanted to show you guys the rocker panels i got from rustrepair.com there full length and 48$ apiece.
rockers.jpg

cant wait to put them on and start new.
the date on the pic is wrong.

Yes, please let us know how they fit. And any more pictures of the process would be really helpful! Mine need to be replaced too :(

yes let us know i need rockers also

please let us know how hard it was and if possiable get pictures..

my car needs them

sorry to be a thread theft how much of the cars support is the rockers

I will post pics, i'm doing it sometime next week after i help my uncle put a motor in his fairlane i should post a pic of that its nice

I will post pics, i'm doing it sometime next week after i help my uncle put a motor in his fairlane i should post a pic of that its nice

do so its atleast a ford im sure people on here will like it i would long as its nice :eek::D:p;)

How about some overall pics of your Bird in it's current state. It's great to see the in-progress shots of these cars when they're being rebuilt...
I'll be tackling mine in the spring hopefully. I'm afraid to pull the ground effects off my Bird though. I don't want to see the shape the rockers are in underneath, but the car is from Flroida so maybe they won't be too bad. :eek:

I've used those before, except I got mine from JC Whittney. I think I paid $28 each for them. The fit isn't great, so expect to spend some time on them, depending on where you want to splice them into the stock ones. They are made to actually go over the stock ones, so the bends aren't right. The best route is to splice them into the stockers, since usally the top of the stock panel is fine.

I've used those before, except I got mine from JC Whittney. I think I paid $28 each for them. The fit isn't great, so expect to spend some time on them, depending on where you want to splice them into the stock ones. They are made to actually go over the stock ones, so the bends aren't right. The best route is to splice them into the stockers, since usally the top of the stock panel is fine.

only took 4 hours for the passenger side:) driver side is way worse on the car, idk why the rockers even rust out on these it doesnt even have a sunroof. I am in the process of building a pinch line for the drivers side:mad:

Looking good, I used the same rockers but I cut the the door sill part off as you would need to cut some square holes for the plastic door sill to fit back on. Overall they worked out great. Too bad most will not see all the work we put into that area after the ground effects go back on. :rolleyes: Im still in the sanding phase but im getting closer to paint. Keep up the good work.

Looking good, I used the same rockers but I cut the the door sill part off as you would need to cut some square holes for the plastic door sill to fit back on. Overall they worked out great. Too bad most will not see all the work we put into that area after the ground effects go back on. :rolleyes: Im still in the sanding phase but im getting closer to paint. Keep up the good work.

I cut the door sills as well i didnt need that plus i needed the extra metal in other places;)

The rockers on all T-Birds are known to be a problem area, but especially with the SC's simply because the ground effects trap dirt, salt, grime and moisture inside them which leads to rust in short order.
Your car looks great so far and it's really inspiring me to get busy on mine in the VERY near future. Keep us posted with pics Buddy! You're gonna have one sweet SC when it's done! What color is it going to be painted?

Back