Bent Core Support - Need to straighten for now

watsonlk

I had a soft bump to a solid bumper and now have a bent core support.

It's been bent before and straightened, which weakened it to bend easy this time.
I will eventually replace it but want to wait until next year and do the radiator, FMIC and shorty condenser, so it's getting fixed for now.

I was thinking of getting a come-along winch, along with a couple of small chains and some body cleats to try and pull and pound it out.

Does anyone have any tips on this??
Any cool tricks to get her back in shape?

Thanks for the hints, no matter how small.

depending were its bent on my first car lx bird i rapped a chain around a tree and hooked it to the core support and made it strange again

just idk how bent yours is i hit some one at like 25mph so it wasnt bad and it wasnt like it was a car i really cared about.. it already had a core support welded in:eek::rolleyes::D

Thanks for the confidence booster, I had heard about it but never tried.

Although in a pinch I have a little McGyver in me when it comes to cars, if I have to.

that what i did to my lx, hit a pole after sliding on ice at about 35mph. It was perfect but the crumble zone on the passenger side and some of the rad. core was bent. Used some washers and parts from a 95 and it worked good. Except that it was now a 2-tone car.

Back