Power Window Issues

funkbuster

Hey people. I am having a weird issue with my power windows. They will go up and down fine while it is cool outside. Once it gets hot(around 80), the drivers side will stop working, and once it gets even hotter(round 90) the passenger side will stop working. Once it cools back off in the evening, they start working again.

I wouldn't be surprised that the "cams" inside the gear housing for the window drive assembly have pretty much crumbled to nothing and all your counting on is the grease inside.

Ok, so that sounded confusing..... there is an article that explains how to pull out the power window drive assembly and replace those cams. I've had to do the same thing with mine, as mine acted exactly like yours did.

Here's a good article, but you gotta be a member to see it.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47986

ps: Having a good beer moment! EEEeeehhhhhhh canadian beer.... I wonder what Homer would have done with Labatts Ice......

I had my passenger window that you couldn't even pull down with the motor trying too.
If it was wet it would work, so I got some spray silicon and lubed the channels. It's been working great for a month now, figure if I have to spray them every couple of months, no problemo, should work fine for you too.

I wouldn't be surprised that the "cams" inside the gear housing for the window drive assembly have pretty much crumbled to nothing and all your counting on is the grease inside.

Ok, so that sounded confusing..... there is an article that explains how to pull out the power window drive assembly and replace those cams. I've had to do the same thing with mine, as mine acted exactly like yours did.

Here's a good article, but you gotta be a member to see it.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47986

ps: Having a good beer moment! EEEeeehhhhhhh canadian beer.... I wonder what Homer would have done with Labatts Ice......

Labatt's: Best thing to ever come out of Canada. I love that beer!

Change the motors, my car wouldn't work the drivers window when it was really hot. I replaced the motor and it's been fine.

Back