P&P Heads Figures

Ripvanbl

I recently rebuilt my '93 SC motor and had the cam reground (something close to the Crane 208 grind), and had a few other accessories added. All I did to the heads was put stiffer valve springs in, but no port and polish work. The motor feels strong, but almost like there is something hindering what it is really capable of.

Now to my point: has anyone done flow bench numbers on their heads? I'm looking to see if it is really the heads that are the problem or if it is just a tuning issue. I know that heads will make an improvement, but if it is for just a few HP, then I would rather just have more boost to blow past the impurities of the heads.

Any input?

here's some ported vs non-ported heads. http://members.telocity.com/~bjherron/scheads/index.htm

Depending on how many mods you have, there could be more than a 50HP gain in heads. The stock exhaust ports really stink, so there is a lot of room for improvment there. You can port the intake ports a whole lot too, but the exhaust ports are more important on a forced induction car.

Chris Spanel's lightly modified SC (exhaust, chip, MAF, 5%) put down 220RWHP. With ported heads, a cam, and roller rockers he jumped to 288RWHP. I'd say that it's worth it.

Brian

Last edited:
Back