95SC with BHJ Balancer problem

rickbtbird

Last week I installed the BHJ balancer for my 95. I used the new/longer bolt too. After the engine warms up there's a squeel noise coming from the motor. It only does it when it's warm.

I removed the main belt and the noise is still there. The crank pulley is the chrome march underdrive type.

Last edited:
Hmmn is the balancer all the way on ? this happened to my buddies monte carlo SS balancer didnt seat all the way so it squeeled I'd double check the torque on the crankshaft bolt if that dont do it pull it back off the inside of the balancer snout may need to be machined

Hmmn is the balancer all the way on ? this happened to my buddies monte carlo SS balancer didnt seat all the way so it squeeled I'd double check the torque on the crankshaft bolt if that dont do it pull it back off the inside of the balancer snout may need to be machined

It was torque to 110ftlbs. Before I put it on I check the diameter of the bore against the old balancer and the BHJ was about .0005 bigger through the bore. I could always torque it again. The specs say 103-132. If you use the mid-range of the spec it’s about 117.5. I’ll try 120 and retest. If that doesn't work, next week I'll pull it off and see what I got.

Last edited:
Back