Tb Removal

Alright i am in the process of removing the TB at this point, i have everything disconnected exept that on the bottom of the stock TB, there are two black hoses connected to the TB. What are these and how do you get them off? also how come my TB i bought does not have these metal things on the bottom that connect to these hoses like the stock version has?

your tb had a water line running to it, just cut the hoses and either cap off each one or get a coupler and join them together to eliminate them from the tb. i think 89's were the only yeat that had that.

They are coolant hoses. On mine I bypassed it with a small hose and ran it from the coolant line near the header to the one on the other side of the engine. The early year SC's had them to keep the throttle body warm. Most people I know with LT1's have this same setup and they do what is called a throttle body bypass. You could get a small flush adapter and hook both lines to it, and tuck them out of the way of the TB. Or you need to plug both lines, could use a bolt and a hose clamp, but make sure you don't have a leak there.

My 90 had it, but my 92 doesn't. Maybe 91 was the last year of that as with all other small changes made for 92 model year.

Last edited:
Back