New Gauges

WhiteThunder

Finally got the new Autometer Cobalt gauges installed.

The steering wheel is in the way a bit for direct line of sight. Turned the volt meter sideways so 12 v is to right and I could see the tip of the needle easier.

Used a 2" hole saw on the dash bezel. Then used a dremel with a sander to open the hole just a little more. Also used the dremel with a sander to open up the hole for the boost vacuum gauge.

The oil pressure and water temp gauges may have fit in the stock position. But I didn't try to work around the printed circuit like I did with the boost/vaccuum gauge that's on the back of the cluster.

Shot the photo with a 10mm lens, engine running, but not warmed up.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• new gauges 1.jpg
    new gauges 1.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 110
Finally got the new Autometer Cobalt gauges installed.

The steering wheel is in the way a bit for direct line of sight. Turned the volt meter sideways so 12 v is to right and I could see the tip of the needle easier.

Used a 2" hole saw on the dash bezel. Then used a dremel with a sander to open the hole just a little more. Also used the dremel with a sander to open up the hole for the boost vacuum gauge.

The oil pressure and water temp gauges may have fit in the stock position. But I didn't try to work around the printed circuit like I did with the boost/vaccuum gauge that's on the back of the cluster.

Shot the photo with a 10mm lens, engine running, but not warmed up.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Nice. I did something similuar. Can you post some pictures a little more close up?

Ken

More Photos

Nice. I did something similuar. Can you post some pictures a little more close up?

Ken

Ken,

Here's some more photos of my gauge setup.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• new gauges 3.jpg
    new gauges 3.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 53
  • new gauges 4.jpg
    new gauges 4.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 56
  • new gauges 2.jpg
    new gauges 2.jpg