Any tips and tricks with the motor somewhat apart

posjr

I have a 95 sc SC 5sp. Took off alot of stuff today because i have some thing to fix and what not. Heres my question is there anything i can do for that extra gain or mod with motor somewhat apart.

things I'm fixing or adding
1. Motor Mounts both sides
2.All new 103 plugs.
3.FMIC
4.Oil gauge trick
5.power steering hose.
6.Leaking tstat housing again! I think i used the wrong gasket maker stuff.
7.going to hollow out cats or try to bypass the cats. (any help on this would be great looks like a B****. I can weld but have no tube bender!)
8.Wide throat top hat( if thats what its called)
9. CAI
10. Bullit rims 18x9 275/35 rears and 245/40 front

And here are some pix of where i'm at right now.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yore4o&s=2

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=b624cg&s=2

I have a 95 sc SC 5sp. Took off alot of stuff today because i have some thing to fix and what not. Heres my question is there anything i can do for that extra gain or mod with motor somewhat apart.

things I'm fixing or adding
1. Motor Mounts both sides
2.All new 103 plugs.
3.FMIC
4.Oil gauge trick
5.power steering hose.
6.Leaking tstat housing again! I think i used the wrong gasket maker stuff.
7.going to hollow out cats or try to bypass the cats. (any help on this would be great looks like a B****. I can weld but have no tube bender!)
8.Wide throat top hat( if thats what its called)
9. CAI
10. Bullit rims 18x9 275/35 rears and 245/40 front

1. good
2. good
3. dont know if u wanna go sraight to an FMIC, maybe just a fan for now ?
4. good
5. good
6. use orange RTV to seal it up, no gasket at all
7. dont hollow them out, just get straight pipes made in place
8. not really needed, but if u already bought itmight as well throw it on
9. good
10. good

I would put rollerrockers on their worth 10-15hp. They are 269 brandnew at S.C.P or cheaper used. Port your blower

yes definately port your exhaust manifolds, I don't know if on those later birds have the very restrictive resonater?

Last edited:
I would put rollerrockers on their worth 10-15hp. They are 269 brandnew at S.C.P or cheaper used. Port your blower

i do not believe a different ratio roller rocker is worth an honest 10-15hp. i can find better things to spend $300 on. like maybe sending the blower to Manny and let him do his thing.

or maybe some underdives ? or gears ?

Not even a different ratio. You will never see any serious motor builder use stamped rockers? Are you also telling me a roller cam isn't worth more hp either? porting is a good way to go to 2. You can also probably get a good cam for some real gains used for 150!

Last edited:
Not even a different ratio. You will never see any serious motor builder use stamped rockers? Are you also telling me a roller cam isn't worth more hp either? porting is a good way to go to 2. You can also probably get a good cam for some real gains used for 150!

It's been said on here numerous times that roller rockers won't add any hp on our cars especially at his mod level.Even XR7 Dave said when he was at 400rwhp swapping them on showed zero hp increase.For the money I'd say get up with manny and get some blower porting done or buy some u/d pulley's j/m/h/o.

Jay

Ya and how many times has it been said My dyno pulls are not consistant? come people metal to metal? it's a no brainer. You will never see a engine builder Ok (these cars?) use stamped rockers? I sure as hell will be getting rid of hp robbing heavy (metal to metal?) stamped rockers?:rolleyes:

Ps. I guess the people that make'em are all liying about hp claims. and there's no reason forem

Last edited:
Wow got more info than expected. I will research everything mentioned.

3. I would think a FMIC would be a good gain. Plus read 8.
6. That was my problem. The stuff i used melted away!
7. will do pipes besides hollowing them!
8. all ready bought it and is FMIC ready!

I'll pass on Cams and rollerrockers! Dont want to go to deep yet! I'll like to get all the bolt ons first.

I'll check the balancer.

And Manny? What is this all about? I'll look him up later.

Porting manifolds! Was think about the V6 stang headers. been reading alot about mixed things on this subject!

I have Gears already just need to get them installed. Once car is up and runnin again. 3.73

Ya gears are supposed to be a big gain of nearly 1sec. like having 500lbs. less in the car! and having the blower done your car should be like a whole different car!

Manny does supercharger porting and rebuilding plus he does supercharger inlet plenum porting too.He does really nice work I just had him do my blower.If you look in the good sellers forum I made a post about him with his contact info just shoot him a pm or an e-mail he's a great guy to work with.

Jay

I have Gears already just need to get them installed. Once car is up and runnin again. 3.73

noooooooooooo !!!!

way too steep for a 5spd. even tho ur gears are a "little" more spread out, thats just overkill. either 3.08 or 3.27. do a search and see what people say then decide which u would prefer.

i'd lean more towards 3.27 if i were in your shoes....

noooooooooooo !!!!

way too steep for a 5spd. even tho ur gears are a "little" more spread out, thats just overkill. either 3.08 or 3.27. do a search and see what people say then decide which u would prefer.

i'd lean more towards 3.27 if i were in your shoes....

I had 4.10 in my old 2001 roush stage 2. Loved it. Not sure what the gearing is like between both cars. I even have 4.10 im my bronco lol.

I read up on it and decide to go with the 3.73. Not worried about the freeway nor traction with my 275 tires :D so i took it little higher than the 3.27's

How about rip off the intake manifold and fix that leak!! Why would you go that far and not fix that?

Power pullies maybe?? Your allready there.

3.08's is the highest that you should go.

I highly recommend having your blower and inlet ported. Try to find or buy an MP inlet for it, which is one of the best things you can do.

Engine configuration has a lot to do with the gains. Keep in mind we have 4 less rockers than a v8 motor and a big compressor attached to the crank that steals horsepower.

Oh, and the ford 3.8 uses a roller cam, with roller hydraulic lifters from the factory.

Built motor vs, build the motor are two different things. If you intend to make significantly more HP than stock, there are a ton of things you want to consider, with rockers being part of a package, not a singular solution.

Back