Sally runs a new best

ScrapSC

Welp Sally got her Black Bird down into the 12's on Friday night. She ran a new best of 12.77 @ 109.27 mph...

Looks as though we now have two 12 second T-birds in the family!! Well hopefully one will be 11's soon!!!!

Now how cool is that!!! That's great. Wish her a "congrats" for me, if I'm allowed to speak with her this week. :rolleyes: :D

Seriously, I bet she's flying....... good for her!

Ira

Nope... Didnt touch anything on the car.. put 6 gallong of VP 109 in the car and had 50 degree temps at the track. She did pull the passenger seat.... Car ran really good and she was grinning from ear to ear!!!!!!

Yes Ira you can speak to her... LOL

Looks like I'll be heading to the track to stomp that time. Weather is getting good around here so it's gotta run faster. Looks like she benefit from it too!

Congrats!!

For those who don't know, the motor in Sally's car is Neil Frisbee's old motor. They freshened it up but I believe overall it is still as he had it. I believe Anthony said it had flat top pistons and I do know that it has a home made inlet plenum that pre-dates the MP inlet. A very cool piece of history and I'm glad it's working out for her.

Yep it is the engine that was in Neil's car that ran a 12.48 on Nitrous. I bought the entire car and pulled the engine and trans and put it in Sally's car. The only differance is the torque converter and 3:73 gears. It is definately a piece of history with the home made intake plenum and the raised top. The heads on the engine are really good also. I had the flow sheet somewhere and need to get it out and check the numbers. I did ditch the headers that where on the engine due to them being rotted out and about to fall apart. Other than that it took a trip through the machine shop to check clearances and built back to a short block and then put in her car.

I definately need to put the other AC condenser on and the fan for her intercooler.... That would help it with the intake temps a bunch!...

Back