PDA

View Full Version : SCCOA Aurora Hooter's meet pics 10-13-07

Wanted1990SC
10-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks to everyone who showed up to talk cars and eat wings! Here are some pics! It was too dark, but I'm posting the best ones out of the bunch.

franky_402
10-14-2007, 02:54 PM
we shouldve taken the pics before we ate wings!! It was fun though, wish more sc's wouldve came out! Nice burnout fernando, i was trying to take it a little easy being my plate had no sticker!!

Wanted1990SC
10-14-2007, 03:07 PM
A little easy Franky??! LOL!! Btw...I was suprised how well my car stayed with you even though you got that cold air intake. I thought you were going to blow my doors off cuz you got a 5 speed!! Thanks on the burnout! :) You smoked them pretty good too. Maybe we can arrange another meet in a month or so. I had a good time. You and your girlfriend are very cool.

franky_402
10-15-2007, 02:28 AM
how much gas did you have, i had a full tank and some extra weight in the trunk. Also i think the blower was still heat soaked from the drive up there, ya know with my punk style driving haha. My motor is also a little more tired than yours but it was good. Maybe next year, haha. Also i noticed your sig you got the double ic and some other things. Why the wait to put them on, ill take em!! Thanks, and im down to meet again fridays and saturdays are the only days im off!! I could have went longer with the burnout but i hit the clutch then went back in to gear.

Wanted1990SC
10-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Two reasons why I haven't put them on yet.

1.) I plan on ordering the MPx power package #1 sometime after the first of the year. I was going to put everything on at the same time

2.) I'm lazy! :p

Actually, I bought the double intercooler from Ken and it's a work of art. I am just waiting to get the more stuff before I start throwing stuff on. Besides, how much difference would a double intercooler make on a stock SC?

franky_402
10-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Not a whole lot untill you put the fan on then it would stop heatsoaking so easy. It would have sustained power. Ive done all that stuff before so if you need help putting the new ic on i can help you. I would say get the teflon gaskets from someone here, i cant remember now. replacing the ic will take about 35 mins. Then wiring the fan on we can figure how you want to do that!!

Besides when you do get the extra parts some things are already done!!! Let me know

Wanted1990SC
10-15-2007, 04:01 PM
You installed a double intercooler before? I already have a set of teflon gaskets. I was waiting to get more parts before i put them on.

franky_402
10-15-2007, 04:40 PM
no but i have done my ic when i had the water problem. everything clears fine so i know the bolts to take off and im good at wiring so i could help with the fan. It wont really help much at first but after you drive around you start to notice the heatsoak the fan will help this greatly. Well off to work now talk to you later!!

tydlwavs
10-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Nice pictures. I just found this thread. Glad to see the pictures posted. I put a thread up over on TCCoA in the Illinois section for another meet.

It was nice meeting you guys. Next time I think we are going to arrange something around Yorkville. This was the first time in a long time that I've met some new guys.

Take it easy,
Todd

95_XR7
10-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Well, maybe next time I'll be able to make it. Hopefully it's after I install the 13in brakes, new t-lok, etc etc. :D