Tower brace question?

Looking for this part

Spring tower brace need the web link to the company that has a brace that goes across tower to tower to suport any movement. I noticed small cracks starting I know pushing this full weight car so hard is stressing it bad. I want to see how they did it and make one out of chromemoly for weight savings

Thanks for any info on this

I believe Kenny Brown made the shock tower braces. Are you going to do front or rear? Or both?

Thanks Scott

We are going to do both front and rear it seams the the old body in trying to twist its self apart I will check Kenny Brown out. This info is much appreciated thank you very much

Good luck Jim. No have your bird split in half going down the track.

I've seen mustangs and camaros crack behind the seats from flexing.

Kenny brown no longer makes the front or the rear brace but I do ,I make a 2 point strut tower brace and a rear shock tower brace both priced at $80 shoot me a Pm if your interested..

yes ,to answer both your questions I make a custom one for raised tops and it will fit under the stock hood I make the rear shock brace as well along with many other braces and I accept paypal or M/O Pm me if you want more info on them I have pics as well

Keith

Last edited:
I've seen mustangs and camaros crack behind the seats from flexing.

Actually thats from the flexing of peoples fat butts in the car. Mustangs are real good at twisting without developing stress cracks. What they do however is like to rip the rear end out the car. I ripped the whole left frame rail outta mine

Good luck Jim. No have your bird split in half going down the track.

You should take a look at some birds. They love to shred the firewall. Seen about four so far that way. Ha snothing to do with moon roof or not.

The problem I have is not with the raised top. Mine interferes with the MP Trottle Body. will yours clear it? I have a KennyBrown at home that I was never able to put on because of the bigger TB and intake tube.
Raised top was never an issue since the the flange is the same thickness as stock on mine unlike other tops that add material to the flange.

blown94cougar,

Do you have a picture of it? I would like to see how it is made because I have the Kenny Brown on my car and it is a very tight fit with a 70/75mm throttle body. If it is true, then I'll be selling my brace and buying yours.

Kenny brown no longer makes the front or the rear brace but I do ,I make a 2 point strut tower brace and a rear shock tower brace both priced at $80 shoot me a Pm if your interested..

Thanks guy's

I am having Chuck Delue Race cars build the front and back braces using chromemoly with his trick setup. The car is showing strain like its twisting hard off the line I see a lot of hair line factures in the tower firewall area and mid under body the old bird is getting tired

Last edited:
mine are made with 4130 chromoly as well and tig welded in a jig ...just to let everyone know these arent hacked together backyard mechanic specials I have 10+ years of fabrication experience ...Im not tryin to say anyone elses are no good either .

firewall cracks are primarily caused by engine and kmember flex not by strut tower flex not that it doesnt contribute also subframe connectors cure this ask anyone with a mustang about body flex...my 85 gt was so bad it cracked the a-pillar at the top of the windshield

Last edited:
mine are made with 4130 chromoly as well and tig welded in a jig ...just to let everyone know these arent hacked together backyard mechanic specials I have 10+ years of fabrication experience ...Im not tryin to say anyone elses are no good either .

firewall cracks are primarily caused by engine and kmember flex not by strut tower flex not that it doesnt contribute also subframe connectors cure this ask anyone with a mustang about body flex...my 85 gt was so bad it cracked the a-pillar at the top of the windshield

I appreciate your help!

I know your braces are top notch quality Chuck is going to do them for free as he is a close friend of mine. He is going to try something of his own idea he thinks will work perfect again thank you

I hate to repeat...but if your front brace clears MPx, plenum & 85mm TB, I will take it too.

Do you have any pic? The brace will come all included hardware needed for installation?

Sami

Back