Idle & ABS

H

HumbledOne2

A few days ago I did a burnout for my cousin. No biggie. Nothing new.
Well, the next day my car wants to idle at about 1500 RPMs, instead of the usual 800. The next day (and since) my car idles at between 1700 and 2200 RPMs. What gives?.
Also, when I hit the brakes sometimes, the ABS andd the other brake light come on for about 1-2 seconds and goes back off.

Any one with ideas or same problem, please respond. It is driving me nuts to hear my car idle that high.

I thought about just lowering the idle by the screw, but that will not fix what the problem is.

Thanx in advance

I'd answer direct, but I'd like for you to review the message board first.. The 2 topics you mention have been discussed within the past week. Please review the topics and if you still have a question, just ask. Sort of like.. meet us half way here.

Sounds like your iac is on the way out the door. The iac is your Idle Air Control, which can cause your car to sporadically start idleing very high, or make a goose like sound when shutting the car off. Replacement is about $90 from Ford.

As for the abs, not sure.

Tazer answered what I would have said about the idle, and as for the ABS, this has come up several times this week alone. Come to think of it, so has the IAC question. Must be a bad seaon for the IAC and ABS. Anyways, the ABS lights that are coming on are an early sign of the ABS unit not holding enough pressure. Start cheap and move on from that. Have the ABS pump relay checked out and if its working fine (ie, you can hear the pump running) next step would be the accumulator. About $100 USD from www.priorreman.com

Back