auto grimlins

skunk SC

I think all my problems may be all linked together I have never had any car do the crazy stuff that this one is.I have already asked about the tach and rough idol but now i have a lot more problams thenthat the check gage light is on and hit the gas the interior lights will flicker the gage light goes out the idol smooths out tach strights up and 10 seconds later it all goes out wack agin the shift light comes on ext. I am stumped HELP!!!!!! I cant even get the scaner to do a full test.It perfoms the key on engine off but only starts the key on engine on it brings the RPMS ups then stops what is going on :confused:

The two hot spots on these cars are the ignition switch comes apart and the wires on the drivers side get wet under the carpet. I take it we are working with a anny 90 correct? One other problem is on the passanger side there is a pocket of wires that run past the exhaust mainfold and sometime they drop onto it and melt perfectly together. I had one car that was rubbing on the wires running under the passanger side motor mount and when the fluid left the mount the engine rubbed the wires bare and did all kinds of weird crap and didnt blow fuses. These kinds of problems are tough to figure out. It could be a simple as a bunch of grounds making little contact.:rolleyes: Look at the ignition switch first. Good luck, your going to need it. P.S. sounds like you have a bad cam sensor also but this will not cause all the other problems .

Back