do 94-95's have a fuel pump relay?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Want to know if they have a fuel pump relay or if its integrated in the IRCM. If it is in the IRCM, would a 94 5speed IRCM be compatible with a 95 5speed? Thanks!

I have a no-start condition...checked the usual sensors, just swapped the crank sensor (which was surprisingly easy!!!) and no cigar. I checked the fuel pressure and nada! So im about to diagnose possible fuel system issues. Thanks!

I have a 94 5 spd and as I remember the fuel pump relay is located on the left side of the trunk near the roll over switch.Its behind all the carpet there and check the roll over switch to make sure it didnt trip there is a botton on top just press to reset.

Want to know if they have a fuel pump relay or if its integrated in the IRCM. If it is in the IRCM, would a 94 5speed IRCM be compatible with a 95 5speed? Thanks!

I have a no-start condition...checked the usual sensors, just swapped the crank sensor (which was surprisingly easy!!!) and no cigar. I checked the fuel pressure and nada! So im about to diagnose possible fuel system issues. Thanks!

the fuel pump relay is tied into the IRCM on 94-95s

Actually there is an inertia switch in the trunks of all SC's. It does not take a rollover to activate....only a quick deacceleration like in a fender bender or getting tapped from behind.

thanks all...i saw the innertia switch and jumped it to see if it was faulty but no. My next thing is trying another IRCM. Does any one know for sure if the 94 IRCM would be compatible with a 95? Does it matter if its auto vs manual IRCM?

Did you check for power at the inertia switch? The wire color is PK/BK, that is the power wire from the IRCM.

ICRM is the same for all 94 - 95 SC. As a service part, it actually changes to a Windstar part number, F78Z 12B577 AB.

cheers
Ed N.

just tested this and the same procedure works....pump is working so Its either a fuel leak or a restriction somewhere along the fuel lines b/c im not getting any pressure at the rail.

I also checked for voltage in teh innertia switch and im getting 12v, just for reassurance I swapped IRCM's with the 94 and still nada.

just tested this and the same procedure works....pump is working so Its either a fuel leak or a restriction somewhere along the fuel lines b/c im not getting any pressure at the rail.

I also checked for voltage in teh innertia switch and im getting 12v, just for reassurance I swapped IRCM's with the 94 and still nada.

why don't you think the pump isn't bad?

well it could be, but since it runs its not in the top of the list. I'm gonna start with the fuel filter, test the pump with the lines of the filter and see waht kind of gush im getting. Then move onto see if the lines are ok, THEN the fuel pump.

well it could be, but since it runs its not in the top of the list. I'm gonna start with the fuel filter, test the pump with the lines of the filter and see waht kind of gush im getting. Then move onto see if the lines are ok, THEN the fuel pump.

what do you mean the pump runs? I've seen pumps hum before but not pump worth a dime. You could give 12v to the green wire on the enertia switch and the pump should come on.

Back