IRC Gurus :)

91 XR7

OKay low speed, pin # 14..

I know if that wire is broken, the low speed will run, but is it a Negitive or positive? I'm thinking it ground.. being High speed (pin #17) is grounde to turn on the high speed..

also is the low speed ciruit turned off (like it should be) when the high speed is on?? Ie has anyone tested this ?? :)

Still doing some R&D on my e-fan conversion, luckly it's not a Important project :)

Kevin: Not sure what exactly you are asking. For low speed to run constantly, you cut the #14 wire. There is a downside to that though, and the high speed fan will not be able to engage because the computer already has low speed going and the motor cannot override itself. Same with if you cut the #17 wire then ground it. Doing that causes the high speed fan to run, but the low speed fan will not.

Hope that sort of clears it up. It is best to cut the #14, run it to a switch, and cut the #17, ground it, then run it to the same switch.

The switch would be a 3 position sensor, whereas the middle keeps both functions normal so the fans operate how they should. If you flick the switch up, high speed would go on negating the computer principles, whileas if you switch it down, the low speed goes on.

Hmm Not really :)

Basiclly what i'm looking for is with the low speed

To have it turn on (if controled by the EEC) is the EEC pulling away (opening the circuit) a postive of negitive source??

Or in other words, if you got said #14 wire, and ground the piece coming from the IRC woudl the fan shut off, or stay running, Or the wold as we know it come to a end? :)

Also, By the schematics i've seen, the low speed and high speed relays in the IRC or independant of each other, and will not lock out the other, so in turn you can have both (high/low speeds) turned on... Mind you, with that, the magnetic fields and so forth in the motor will be working agianst it other...

~~~~~~

and on this not, I think i'm gonna need like a Chip (IC) and a few other things to make this project to run.. (Just to avoid using relays.. ) Hmmm wonder how my programing skills are like :)

But thanks anyways tazer... also have you tried that oil temp sender idea yet??

No, haven't tried the oil temp thing.

Gimme a few minutes tho, and I will go ground the wire coming from the IRC and see what happens. I am curious as to what will happen now also..

After looking through a few shop manuals and EVTM's, i think it's a positive source that turns it off..

now i wonder if Miles or someone would allow me to go allow me to poke around with my volt meter :)

Last edited:
doing the bump and grind.. er ;)

SO no clue anyone?? :(

I'm thinking that it's a Postive source that then is turned off to engage the fan...

Oh'well i guess i'm gonna have to ahhh poke around someone car and see :) :) :)

Back