abs questions

nascar john

gentlemen, thanks for all of the threads on sc abs systems. i have leakage from the accumulator ball and have deceided to replace it[100.00 from prior mfg] there is also brake fluid around the pressure switch, does this switch have a tendency to leak? is it rebuildable[a new one from ford is 120.00]
what is the easiest way to replace accumulator ball without tearing out the entire brake-booster assy, or removing cowl assembly
thanks
john
rjpim@hotmail.com

Accumulator takes 5 min to replace. Switch takes about 30, I had to unbolt the assembly to access the switch. Takes a socket like an oil pressure switch if I recall.

By removing the cowling. ;)

Its not very hard. Remove both wipers, remove 4 or 5 small phillips screws on the top side, remove 1 torx screw + sleeve by the fender, remove 1 flat screw on the frontside, unhook the washer fluid hose, and take it out, or just tie it up out of the way.

Don't forget to pump the brake pedal to relieve the pressure. Pump until it becomes hard to push.

Last edited:
thanks to all of you who responded. it is getting very difficult to find mechanics who know anything about sc's, let alone the teves abs..i take your replies to mine and he does as you write which saves a lot of money.

Back