Postman was kind today. :D

XR7 Dave

They're big, they're bad, they fit under the stock fenderwells. Yahoo!

Attachments

• DSC07032.JPG
    DSC07032.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC07031.JPG
    DSC07031.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 329
nice, what are they exactly?

I just got these about a week ago..

199964.jpg

199965.jpg

199966.jpg

What size are those, Dave, and are they straight slicks? We just got a set of 28x10x16 Hoosier Drags to try on my dads marauder. We were using 28x11.5x16 MT ET Streets. I'll let ya know if they work better than the MT's. Dad's plannin on testing them tonight.

Who's car is this? Your's or a customers? Fit looks good. Are those 16" cobra r replicas?

Scott,

Looks like Mike Irving's car....I think he dropped it off at Dave's immediately after the Shootout for the "make it as powerful as Ira's car" treatment.

David

What size are those, Dave, and are they straight slicks? We just got a set of 28x10x16 Hoosier Drags to try on my dads marauder. We were using 28x11.5x16 MT ET Streets. I'll let ya know if they work better than the MT's. Dad's plannin on testing them tonight.

Yes, those are the tires. I also scored a set of 16x8 Cobra R's to put them on. I'm going to see if I can get 1/4" off the mounting pads to make them a more perfect fit. As it sits they'll need the fenders rolled for safety.

My experience going from ET Streets is that it made a big difference but my ET Streets might have been old too so who knows.

Scott,

Looks like Mike Irving's car....I think he dropped it off at Dave's immediately after the Shootout for the "make it as powerful as Ira's car" treatment.

David

When are you going to put on a 5spd on yours to come back on top ;)
Back peddal to the 12s.

Driveway is familiar.:p Its been Mike Is turn for a long time.

Dalke, How much were those puppies.

Nice...I see that the weather there is a crappy as it is here. The UPS man was kind to me as well. Got the first of (at least) two boxes of my AJE k-member today. But with a sick one year old, I cant work on the car:(

Chris

Yes, those are the tires. I also scored a set of 16x8 Cobra R's to put them on. I'm going to see if I can get 1/4" off the mounting pads to make them a more perfect fit. As it sits they'll need the fenders rolled for safety.

My experience going from ET Streets is that it made a big difference but my ET Streets might have been old too so who knows.

There should be a pretty big difference going to a full drag slick. It must changes the way the car launches and probably the way it feels or handles at speed I would imagine.

Ira

When are you going to put on a 5spd on yours to come back on top ;)
Back peddal to the 12s.

Ricardo,

I'm not even going to try and match Ira's dyno numbers, but the longtube headers and larger exhaust system I'm doing within the next couple months will probably be worth a little more power. Not that it really matters, but I'd like to be pulling around 450 rwhp and think that is possible with better exhaust, more boost and some additional tuning. It's already pulling 425-435 depending on the dyno and the weather, so I'm not far off.

I have a hard enough time keeping it out of the ditches with an automatic...with a 5 speed I'd most likely end up wrecking it.

David

Ricardo,

I'm not even going to try and match Ira's dyno numbers, but the longtube headers and larger exhaust system I'm doing within the next couple months will probably be worth a little more power. Not that it really matters, but I'd like to be pulling around 450 rwhp and think that is possible with better exhaust, more boost and some additional tuning. It's already pulling 425-435 depending on the dyno and the weather, so I'm not far off.

I have a hard enough time keeping it out of the ditches with an automatic...with a 5 speed I'd most likely end up wrecking it.

David

Well I will say that it has been a challenge on occassion. The window for messing with the radio has definitely gotten smaller. But what a wonderful problem to have :D

No, my issue is trying to close the gap a little on David and Anthony and Dan and Tim and everyone else up there and try to get all that power to the ground! Spinning for 300' sounds cool and will turn heads, but it doesn't get you anywhere fast. :eek:

Ira

Last edited:
Ricardo,

David

Its easier with a stick to control. Just put the clutch in when things start to get out of hand. With an auto you probably have a harder time, so if you are doing good right now its better with the stick. But why go slower ;)
I think you have similar HP at the crank so Screw the dyno charts. Plus you still have NAWSSSS. :D Only problem is you cant go 160mph JK.

Its easier with a stick to control. Just put the clutch in when things start to get out of hand. With an auto you probably have a harder time, so if you are doing good right now its better with the stick. But why go slower ;)
I think you have similar HP at the crank so Screw the dyno charts. Plus you still have NAWSSSS. :D Only problem is you cant go 160mph JK.

True...I max out at around 135-140 mph in 3rd gear. That's plenty fast for me. Come to think of it, I don't recall ever going faster than 120 unless I was on the track.

David

Back