this ok?

sinhumane

can my fuel system handle 15% overdrive? i'm looking at a racer walsh 12% pulley (translates to 15% on my 95) can i safely run my car at this much overdrive, without needing bigger injectors or fuel pump? (i'll be running an IC fan, and getting a bronco ac condenser, and cutting out the air directors in the bumper, so cooling the intake air isnt an issue)

i saw somewhere that they were capable of supporting 400 hp.. i would be compensating for the overdrive with a ported blower and inlet/outlet, and a good, free-flowing exhaust, devoid of any cats, a single resonator, and possibly no mufflers. i'm going to do a 255lph fuel pump and bigger injectors, with ported heads, bigger valves, bored out block and a good cam next summer... then prolly a ricer-style FMIC.

I think you are overestimating the effectiveness of the stock intercooler.

yea you're giving the stock IC too much credit.

i've said it before, but here goes. the late model SC with the coated rotors is very efficient. unless theres some major porting dont OD it more than a early style pulley or maybe a 5%.

i've got ported heads and intake and an FMIC and a 5% pulley was making too much heat.

can my fuel system handle 15% overdrive? i'm looking at a racer walsh 12% pulley (translates to 15% on my 95) can i safely run my car at this much overdrive, without needing bigger injectors or fuel pump? (i'll be running an IC fan, and getting a bronco ac condenser, and cutting out the air directors in the bumper, so cooling the intake air isnt an issue)

If you are going to overdrive it, do it at the jackshaft pulley or the crank pulley before using a smaller pulley on the supercharger. Smaller pulley has less contact patch and will be more likely to slip.

David

Im only making 8/9 psi on a ported early model 5% blower pully..About to put the stock back on and add a 5% JS and 10% crank i wonder if that will get me around 13/14psi again? sorry for the hijack..

Back