abs to manual swap q about brake lights

ironworker

i did the abs swap to manual brakes and when i push on the brakes they dont come on till i have them to the floor is there anway i can ajust them to trun on when i lightly push on the brakes

So you kept the master cylinder? I was told to use one from a crown vic 93 since its all disc & no ABS. How long you had the swap now? I want to do the same deal. Sorry for sending your post in another direction!LOL

yes i used the crown vic from a 93 and master cylinder from a 91 t bird it was eazy .. i can help u and it was less then a 100 buckes for everything to do it .. let me know and ill come and help u.. ive had the swap for over 5 months now .. they work great .. but i have to figuare out the brake light thing

Last edited:
theres a couple lil things we can slip in to ur pocket that we dont have to pay for like the T fitting for the brake fittings

I know this will sound silly, but try rotating the brake pushrod 180 degrees on the pedal.
That flat on the back end that the switch sits on needs to be pointing down, not up.

Nick

Back