Gotta love a kenne bell.....

I watched an 03 - 04 cobra with a kenne bell 2.3 make over 700whp last weekend, it made my blower sould like it had a silencer on it! Bonestock lower end, gotta love em. Only downside I hate with those cars are the stock fuel system. Has that dumbass returnless system with a fuel rail pressure sensor, not a big fan of it.

I watched an 03 - 04 cobra with a kenne bell 2.3 make over 700whp last weekend, it made my blower sould like it had a silencer on it! Bonestock lower end, gotta love em. Only downside I hate with those cars are the stock fuel system. Has that dumbass returnless system with a fuel rail pressure sensor, not a big fan of it.

I actually like the theory of the returnless fuel rail, although I know it doesn't work too great in practice for anyone who wants to modify their cars. It seems sort of like a factory Boost-A-Pump. It seems to work fine for the stock Cobras, right?

I was sort of thinking about this in connection with the 190LPH I am going to put into my car - under normal driving conditions, there's a lot of excess fuel being pumped. That equals more wear on the pump and more heat in the fuel. If cost was no object, I think I might try to rig a Boost-A-Pump so that the pump was only driven at maybe 50% voltage when cruising, then it would ramp up to full voltage on demand. Oh well, maybe someday.

Word, what was Ford thinking?

Back