ABS brake master cylinder!

I can pull one at a local auto salvage if you'd like I'd have to check on the cost of it there and shipping lemme know if you cant find one locally

Damn I didnt see the price I could get you one for the core charge $250 easily with a warranty near me 619.00 thats nucking futz

Those things are much more difficult to rebuild than something like a starter or alternator. They have very precise specifications. I don't think the price at SCP is outrageous. I hope I don't have to spend that kind of money on it, EVER, but I think it just comes with the territory of having this technology on our cars.

I can pull one at a local auto salvage if you'd like I'd have to check on the cost of it there and shipping lemme know if you cant find one locally

That would be very nice if you can do that. I would appreciate it.

But the price shipped to Finland? Any idea? I just have to tell something to my friend...

Sami

hey I checked out a few thunderbirds at the junkyard I just need a year of the car they have 89-94 thunderbirds all of them have Abs/master cylinders besides one fortunetly for your friend :) and I need an address to ship it to and the money for it preferably paypal as its a hassle to cash international money orders to pay for it, its gonna be $250 US shipped thats the price for the part + $50US shipping that will cover it its the whole assembly has a warranty as well if it doesnt work they will replace it for free with another one just dont wipe the yellow paint marks off of it until you make sure its good I aint charging you to pull it I have to get other stuff on tuesday from the same car so it'd be no problem to help out a friend PM me if you want one

You are very helpful!:)

Thanks a lot!

There's a little chance that here in Finland is one master brake cylinder in a junkyard car. I didn't remember it yesterday...I will let you know as soon as I know, and I think it's tomorrow.

Sami

Might I ask why your friend thinks he needs an entire ABS Hydrualic Actuator Assembly? We have been able to diagnose many problems here on this board that did not reuire the wholesale replacement of the unit. Most problems are associated with parts of the system...some external to the ABS Hydraulic Actuator Assembly entirely.

Might I ask why your friend thinks he needs an entire ABS Hydrualic Actuator Assembly? We have been able to diagnose many problems here on this board that did not reuire the wholesale replacement of the unit. Most problems are associated with parts of the system...some external to the ABS Hydraulic Actuator Assembly entirely.

You may ask.:cool:

The whole unit burnt...:eek:

Keep in mind that if you get one from a salvage yard that you really dont know if it's any good or how long it will last. When you consider the cost of a new one from Ford, the SCP ones seem like a bargain. And of course it's guaranteed to perform.

Keep in mind that if you get one from a salvage yard that you really dont know if it's any good or how long it will last. When you consider the cost of a new one from Ford, the SCP ones seem like a bargain. And of course it's guaranteed to perform.

true but if there is a warranty which most bigger junkyards have now if it doesnt work you bring it back and get another one or your money back if the 1st one you get doesnt work when you bring it back they are more inclined to get you a good one the second time so they dont have to deal with you...plus most Jy's around here test things like that before they let'em go so they dont have a problem with returns.considering the cost of fords and bills I'd be more inclined to just get rid of the ABS system 619-700 is a huge ripoff Imho

My friend had his 91 sc converted to standard brakes and it never did work right. It wouldnt pass state inspection because it took too long to get it to stop. We switched out almost every part and bled the brakes several times and still didnt work right. Good luck with it.

Back