What clutch is the best?

johnrada

Now I hear about the CF 2 dual friction clutch, and the spec stage 2 clutch.

Which one is better for street/strip, on a car over 300rwhp?
Clutch life is unimportant here, which one grips better?
Which flywheel matches it the best?

anyone with experience wanna chime in?

I can't speak for the Spec 2 but I'm on my 2nd Centerforce DF. The 1st one lasted about 6 years. I don't know how many miles were on it but I drag raced practically every weekend for it's last 4 years and badly abused it but it hung in there. I smoked it on at least 2 different occasions including the 2003 Shootout during a burnout. It then made an immediate slipless pass down the dragstrip. When I replaced it, 4 of the original 10 pucks were left on the flywheel side and it still gripped pretty good. It has moderate pedal pressure and if broken-in properly, 500 miles of grannyshifting, it should last for years and give excellent service. I'm very pleased with it. :)

curious mike, when you got the centerforce DF, I am assuming you had your flywheel resurfaced on the stock flywheel? I don't wanna break parts, but I don't wanna break the bank, the parts being more important of course.

Yes, when I had my 1st one put on I had the flywheel resurfaced. Definitely resurface yours, it'll chatter if you don't.

Id hav eto say teh rac eoriented spec clutches will grip better but your leg, slave and master cylinder wont liek you very much.

That said the CF DF is a great street clutch that you can race with and even though miek has had good luck with his as has a few others. Centerforce will even say not to be used with slicks..At least they used to add that disclaimer with all Dual friction setups

Back