Quick turn popping (not its not a dance)

blown94cougar

Hey guys on my 1994 cougar xR7 408 stroker Ive got a popping noise in the front end cant seem to isolate it Ive changed the tension strut bushings on the control arm end and 1 on the k-member end ....and put a new upper control arm on the driver side checked all the kmember bolts for tightness I also put on my kmember braces and front suspension braces and still its there . If I slam the gas car lifts slightly and I get a pop sounds like a ball joint they where fine though the one thing I can think of is my driver side lower control arm inner bushing ,the outside metal shell is oblong shaped now from the previous owner letting the tension strut bushing go to hell but I really dont think thats it ....everything looks good any ideas?

(not its not a dance)

200541.gif

sorry, had too.:p

I think I am going through a similar hunt. I am wondering if it could be play in my steering rack mounting bushings, or even in the rack itself?

You could also check the subframe mounting bolts for the proper torque. They take an E18 inverted Torx socket. I don't know the spec, but they should be pretty tight.

checked the subframe(k-member) bolts already they are tight I now know it is coming from the passenger side could be the rack mine did have some play in it on the inner tierod why the hell did ford make these things so complicated to diagnose Just need to get these sorted out before I drop my 460 in :D

hey that poping noise could possibly be a wheel berring. on my 90sc i just couldnt figure out what the noise was. it always happind when i turned the wheel right and it put load on the front left wheel then it would pop. it would sound like a crack, crack, crack . then i went and got a used wheel berring off an SC parts car and it was good as new.

Did you look at this

Hey I just had to replace my daughters sway bar end links, which actually looked pretty good until I really got to bouncing the tires up and down and then I could see how much movement it had..............just a thought.

Smitty

Back