New Kmember braces anyone interested?

blown94cougar

Hey guys I just talked with Duffy and he has brought to my attention a new brace design I will definetly be offering this brace its design comes from the Bonneville S/C duffy will explain it a bit better mine will be made from 1" square stock as opposed to the cheapy round tubing you see here in the bonneville car pic ...let me make one Im assuming prices around $85 for it + 5 bucks to ship anywhere .

oops forgot pics and still offering the following:

Strut tower brace 4.6,5.0,3.8 SC,3.8 SC with mpx superc.Mp throttle body $90
Kmember braces to firewall braces(LECB's) $75
front suspension braces $75
rear torsional load brace $75
subrame connectors $120
Front suspension Kmember X-brace $90

all prices are shipped and all include hardware

I accept paypal or M/O

Attachments

• Bonneville SC Pics 002.jpg
    Bonneville SC Pics 002.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
As some of you know....the Bonneville SC Project Car actually started its life as a road racer. It was taken by Ford to a Road & Track Invitational Event for two years. This event was held at Lime Rock. Some of you may have seen and read the Road & Track "SuperCars" issue where one year's worth of cars were featured. The SC was one of those cars.

It was found during development testing that the rails of the K Member had a tendency to close in (read bend) on heavy braking causing steering geometry changes. This brace was made to stop that effect. It remained on the car through all the years it ran at Bonneville too since weight was not really a concern even though there were no twisties there. (At least not intentional ones planned)

I'd be more inclined to make them out of round tubing for that application. Looks like something I could use for sure ... my poor car, all the abuse I give it, and no bracing. :p

cheers
Ed N.

you guys are absolutely right round tubing it is after thinking about the forces on it i scrapped the square tubing piece I made this morning and I just got a great deal on chromoly 4130 tubing in 1" diameter thicker material then what they used .....It looks like they cut up a folding chair to make that one very thin.....and ever since I started making these braces the local steel shop has taken to me and gives me nice deals :) so price is the same PM me for details if you guys want one Im starting on making about 20 of them today tomorrow and sunday they will be ready to ship tuesday . I accept paypal for safety and ease of payment you can pay through paypal as well with a credit card even without a paypal account which is nice...anyway I cant wait to get duffy out one and get one on my car I figure no testing needed as they did that on the bonneville Supercoupe already.

I'd be more inclined to make them out of round tubing for that application. Looks like something I could use for sure ... my poor car, all the abuse I give it, and no bracing. :p

cheers
Ed N.

I do offer package deals Ed I could cut you a nice deal on a few braces if you where interested. oh forgot to mention that guys anyone looking for a few braces will get a package deal.

The X is linked to the 2 front suspension braces I currently offer (they are available without the X as well) like an x in a box that should stiffen up the front considerably bolts on the same hole in the Kmember that the front of my lecb's bolt to, then bolts further forward in the front under the tension strut this system will essentially tie the whole front end together with the addition of the LECBs making the Kmember a strong mounting point so as to not move and change the steering geometry which Im sure it does quite a bit without bracing it ...Im sure these will help as well with firewall cracks if you install the front suspension X brace and the LECB's...Pm anyone interested If I dont sell at least 4 pieces this brace and plans will be scrapped

No problem Damon things have been really hectic around here with going back and forth from construction work when there is work to making these braces to family time to working on my car to designing new braces I barely have time to go potty wish they figured out how to do that on the run without staining my pants...lol J/K havent had much free time at all.

buisness has picked back up so production of the X brace as well as others will continue prices are on the 1st page buy 2 braces an get a discount all prices you are quoted are shipped to your door , hardware and instructions are included

Last edited:
I'm vary interested in the front braces and K-member, can i get a price on these. Then i set aside money for rear braces next week. Thanks.

Bob.

New Fall pricing for these parts guys I offer since I like halloween and the season puts me in a good mood Im knockin $10 off of every part and I still am offering the buy 2 save $10 deal and also free shipping of course.

Back