Learned a valuable lesson about clocking tensioners

Jeremy_K

I installed the Magnum Powers tensioner springs in my blower tensioners today. I had clocked my tensioner about a half inch a couple weeks ago (which by the way did nothing to begin with) so I figured I would try that out again. Took it for a test drive and felt a nice pull when I first punched it. Then I smelled the belt burning and heard it fragmenting off my hood. When I parked it the blower belt was actually touching itself and the ribs were almost gone! Guess I better go back to the stock pin location for the tensioner.:rolleyes:

I installed the Magnum Powers tensioner springs in my blower tensioners today. I had clocked my tensioner about a half inch a couple weeks ago (which by the way did nothing to begin with) so I figured I would try that out again. Took it for a test drive and felt a nice pull when I first punched it. Then I smelled the belt burning and heard it fragmenting off my hood. When I parked it the blower belt was actually touching itself and the ribs were almost gone! Guess I better go back to the stock pin location for the tensioner.:rolleyes:

I would take the hood off so you don't hear the "fragmenting".:cool: Why are you always tearing stuff up?:confused:

When it gets to that point its time for a shorter belt. Everytime I change pulley combitations I end up having to get new belts.

Back