Shift Light

slowpoke

for those looking for a good shift light to add without needing a new tach or modules well here is what i found. proform #67005c, they also offer 67005sc, 67005bc, and 67005rc. to install it just tap into the green/yellow wire behind your tach. on some sc's its post 10 but on mine it was post 9. cost for the 67005c was $43 and i got mine through jegs. im sure if you research a lil or buy dirrect you might find it cheeper yet. the sight for the lights is www.proformparts.com . :)

Do you have photos of the installation? I've been wanting to do this and want to know how easy or hard it is?

I've been using one of these for about 3 years now and really like it. I especially like the adjustable rpm feature so I can change my shift point anytime I want. The calibration marks are pretty close to the actual rpm and it does go off at the same rpm everytime. Being made in China, I was concerned about that. I do have to be careful not to accidentally bump the adjuster knob though which has happened before and it messed up my run. It has really helped my consistency in bracket racing. The only problem I've had is it'll occasionally false trigger at idle rpm and a couple of times instead of flashing when I turn on the ignition it comes on steady and I have to switch off and back on again, neither of which are a real problem. I'd recommend it to anyone. I connected mine to the tach wire on the VMM.

i dont have a pic atm but its pretty simple, its about a 1.5 by 2 inch mounting plate with 2 screw holes. the plate also has a round center for incase to want to mount it on a rounded area. i have had 0.00 probs with it so far. the marks on mine are dead on with the tack. only thing is the light will blind you at night if you dont have the cap on lol.

I have a proform shift light in my SC but the markings on the back aren't accurate to what rpm the light comes on at. I just drive it in first gear and get the revs up and then twist the dial until the light comes on.

I used the VMM tach signal wire too.

I mounted the light on the top of the steering column off to the side of the hazard switch. It blocks the bottom of the tach a little but I don't care too much about that. I don't have any pics since my car is at the shop and I'm at home.

I have a proform shift light in my SC but the markings on the back aren't accurate to what rpm the light comes on at. I just drive it in first gear and get the revs up and then twist the dial until the light comes on.

I used the VMM tach signal wire too.

I mounted the light on the top of the steering column off to the side of the hazard switch. It blocks the bottom of the tach a little but I don't care too much about that. I don't have any pics since my car is at the shop and I'm at home.

Sorry, this is off topic but Scott, do you really own '02 Audi S4? Was it expensive?
Do you have seen many S-Audi's there? Why did you end up to buy Audi S4?

Nice car anyway...;)

Sami

Back