Snout seal dimensions

Darkside

Anybody have a supercharger snout seal laying around they could measure? I have two seals without part numbers here and I think one of them is a snout seal. I need the outside and inside diameters, approx. measurements.

7967 is a single lipped oil seal that is 20X47X7mm.

7968 is a double lipped oil seal that is 20X47X7mm.
(Double lip is supposed to prevent dust from penetrating past the outside lip, inner lip holds the SC oil back, I went single lip since I'm never 'dusty').

Viton is the plastic like material that the seal is made out of.
You have to search for these, most I found were rubber. Viton is supposed to last longer, but it's an easy fix if it leaks again, I'll go Viton.

These numbers are Chicago Rawhide, sold by many places, but are pretty much universal across brands.

If you go to http://www.dichtomatik.us/Interchange/ and type in 7968 and you want 20X47X7VTC. I used this to search for the seal.

Last edited:
I have one of each, 7966, 7967, and 7968. What is different about the 7966? I can't tell by looking at it.

Jon

I got my snout seals with no problem from a local bearing supplier. If you have one in your area, they should be able to easily cross-reference the Chicago Rawhide number, or use the dimensions. I think the ones they sold me were made by Dichtomatik.

Back