PDA

View Full Version : Bottles are for babies... Now with video on page 5!!

KwikGSeX
10-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Whoever said that can kiss my a double dollar signs. Went to capitol Raceway today. Only managed 2 runs because we got there late. ~~~ went 12.96@102.46 and 1.74 60ft which was backed up by a 12.99@102.93. Still on a 70 shot. And of course we wanted to up the jets but they shut down test and tune for bracket. We going back before the season ends!! Video will be up soon.

fturner
10-20-2007, 04:02 PM
What would the car run without the shot?

KwikGSeX
10-20-2007, 04:07 PM
What would the car run without the shot?

14.0@95 1.96 60ft

fturner
10-20-2007, 04:16 PM
14.0@95 1.96 60ft

Its those numbers that mean more than what you can get with nitrous. Not saying its baby stuff, but to me its more of a true reflection of what the engine is capable of, cause I don't think you can run nitrous 100% of the time?

Ira R.
10-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Those are some great runs guys! Congrats! Next time 100 shot.

Ira

XR7 Dave
10-20-2007, 04:24 PM
So is this the first internally stock motor SC in the 12's? If so nice work. :D

Toms-SC
10-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Cool. Best bang for the dollar modification for sure. What kit did you go with?

KwikGSeX
10-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Its those numbers that mean more than what you can get with nitrous. Not saying its baby stuff, but to me its more of a true reflection of what the engine is capable of, cause I don't think you can run nitrous 100% of the time?

Since the car sees only track duty and everytime we line up at the light the nitrous is on yea its on 100% of the time :)

Dave there is no one faster in sccoa with bolt ons? Are you serious? That would be awesome!!

Tom this is an import efi nx express kit that we made into a ford efi kit (we put it in a ford)

Toms-SC
10-20-2007, 04:55 PM
What kits are generally considered 'better' for running on an SC? Dry or Wet? Any brand in particular? Current kit I'm looking at.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-NOS-Sniper-4-6-cyl-WET-Nitrous-Kit-35-75HP_W0QQitemZ320171554426QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 320171554426

fturner
10-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Didn't mean to come across as negative, but a base value without "assistance" is always a good thing to post to.

Think of it this way, a guy with a stock SC runs a 75 shot of the juice, but in street form (the juice isn't allowed so to speak) at the track he can only do 15.1 1/4's....

Now take the same car modded right to run 13.5's without the juice to me has my attention ;), then add the juice.....

Ira R.
10-20-2007, 05:41 PM
[/SIZE]
Didn't mean to come across as negative, but a base value without "assistance" is always a good thing to post to.

Think of it this way, a guy with a stock SC runs a 75 shot of the juice, but in street form (the juice isn't allowed so to speak) at the track he can only do 15.1 1/4's....

Now take the same car modded right to run 13.5's without the juice to me has my attention ;), then add the juice.....

Unless I misunderstand what you are saying, then a 14.0 juiced to 12.9 should certainly be worth notice, no?? On an internally stock engine I think that's a he$$ of job

... and I am far from a supporter of nitrious. But either way, 12's is 12's.

Ira

KwikGSeX
10-20-2007, 06:01 PM

Ill tell you what. How about I run a 12.0 on the squeeze with a car that runs 14.0 on motor. Will that have you sit up and take notice? :rolleyes:

How about these scs that run meth injection? Those cars that make power on that all it is is another form of injection like nitrous.

I love how people tell me we are using "assistance" to go 12s. Well guess what 12s is 12s. If we raced heads up and you went 13.5 no bottle and I went 12.9 on bottle. I still won. The best part is the whole setup cost us less than 1200 dollars.

tom I'm using a wet kit and its what I would recommend running on an sc period. I like nx express because they rate their shots to the wheel. Not at the crank like nos does.

David Neibert
10-20-2007, 06:13 PM

What's the differince if it runs 14.0 or 13.5 off the bottle ? 12.9s with a stock longblock is still impressive.

David

Congrats FKR !

83GT460
10-20-2007, 06:16 PM
So is this the first internally stock motor SC in the 12's? If so nice work. :D

I guess I need to take my Double DD heads and cam out and turn on the bottle so I can be the first stock motor SC to run in the 11's! It shouldn't be a problem since it only went a few hundreths slower than this without the bottle.:eek: Anyway a job well done however you got there.

Charles

83GT460
10-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Ill tell you what. How about I run a 12.0 on the squeeze with a car that runs 14.0 on motor. Will that have you sit up and take notice? :rolleyes:

How about these scs that run meth injection? Those cars that make power on that all it is is another form of injection like nitrous.

I love how people tell me we are using "assistance" to go 12s. Well guess what 12s is 12s. If we raced heads up and you went 13.5 no bottle and I went 12.9 on bottle. I still won. The best part is the whole setup cost us less than 1200 dollars.

tom I'm using a wet kit and its what I would recommend running on an sc period. I like nx express because they rate their shots to the wheel. Not at the crank like nos does.

Why don't you just tell the wise guys who give you a hard time about using nitrous to show you an SC that doesn't have a power adder!

Charles

KwikGSeX
10-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Why don't you just tell the wise guys who give you a hard time about using nitrous to show you an SC that doesn't have a power adder!

Charles

Hahahahaha. Bro you just made my day!! Thanks for all the support guys! I know this car has a lot left in it and the season aint over yet...

Scott Long
10-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Nice, too bad we couldn't do it at the shootout. Get the brakes fixed?

91bird
10-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Congrats on your 12 sec run, can't wait to see the video.

Drew

KwikGSeX
10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Nice, too bad we couldn't do it at the shootout. Get the brakes fixed?

Those were fixed the very next day. Lol. The best part of the day is when we were loading it on the trailer this guy comes up and is like holy crap!! How did you get so much power from that 4.6!!

Imagine his surprise when we told him it was a 3.8. He didn't believe us and we couldn't pop the hood to show him. Still the look on his face was priceless!!

Darkside
10-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Nevermind.......................

fturner
10-20-2007, 07:08 PM
To me an SC that can run into the 12's without the juice is impressive. Heck I can throw some juice on my Corrolla and beat a stock SC with it.

Obviously, one is not allowed to voice one's own thoughts around here.

tbirdsc357
10-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Whoever said that can kiss my a double dollar signs. Went to capitol Raceway today. Only managed 2 runs because we got there late. ~~~ went 12.96@102.46 and 1.74 60ft which was backed up by a 12.99@102.93. Still on a 70 shot. And of course we wanted to up the jets but they shut down test and tune for bracket. We going back before the season ends!! Video will be up soon.

Congrats, thats a pretty good short time.

About 4 years ago I went 13.7 @ 103.7 with a 2.3 short time :rolleyes:

This was on a stock motor with a few bolt-ons and a 55 shot. I was hoping to get into the 12's since the mph was there but I had street tires and getting out of the hole is next to impossible.....and I needed a proper converter, which I still don't have.

Steve

fturner
10-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Ya, you should take off all your bolt-ons and your supercharger, put on a N/A 3.8 intake manifold, and pay to have it dynoed. You know, for a "base value".:rolleyes: Let us know when you do that. I'd like to see your numbers then hotshot.:pLOL

For your info, I don't have any bolt on's, and all I'm running is a cleaned up '94blower on my car.... so its kind of hard to pull the bolt on's off isn't it?

:rolleyes:

Ira R.
10-20-2007, 07:17 PM
dupped post - sorry

83GT460
10-20-2007, 07:20 PM
To me an SC that can run into the 12's without the juice is impressive. Heck I can throw some juice on my Corrolla and beat a stock SC with it.

Of course you are allow to have an opinion, you are even allowed to voice it, we are allowed to give you a hard time, and then we will even allow you to grow some thicker skin so you don't take it so hard!:p

Charles

Darkside
10-20-2007, 07:21 PM
nevermind................

tim
10-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Congrats to the Fat Kids Racing crew.:D I will be playing with my car this winter. Man you are on my bumper with a stock internal engine. I was going to go to the track tomorrow be they have import wars. I will be talking to you guys thru the winter. Nitrous or a rocket booster dont matter to me hp. is hp. Wonder what i would do with a 70 shot?:eek:

fturner
10-20-2007, 07:32 PM
I was referring to KwikGSeX in response to your post. Either way, I was just giving you a hard time, I wasn't trying to tell you off. I only tell people off when they drink my last Pepsi. No harm intended.

Tissue.. for what???? You have me confused, as I was mearly pointing out to you that I do not have bolt on's on my car as you stated I had, so I was just correcting your error.

KwikGSeX
10-20-2007, 07:33 PM

That's not the point that you are not allowed to voice your thoughts.

If you can put juice in a corolla and beat a stock sc then go DO IT!!

Don't say you can if you want to. That's what irks me and the rest of the crew on here. I can yank the motor out and drop in my 1000HP methanol powered 4g63 4 cylinder and run low 9s in the car. But I'm not gonna talk about it unless I plan on doing it. This is the route we chose and we are gonna stick with it. The best way to explain it is the convo Ira and I had at the shootout.

"My car was engineered to make a lot of power on the motor"
I said "so was mine"
"Yes but you are using chemistry"
"Yes it was engineered to run on chemistry"

fturner
10-20-2007, 07:40 PM
And just where did I say it was a bad thing... I started out by asking what you where making without nox.... then I voiced my thoughts on nox, and now I'm getting trashed because I voiced my opinion.

You can do whatever you want to your car, but personally I'll be more impressed with a car that can run 12's without nox than one with.

I'll never run 12's because

1. I won't run nox, which if I did right now would put my car in the 12's easily obviously.

2. I can't afford to build a motor that would do 12's without nox.

So be it.... and as I said earlier... obviously one is not allowed to voice one's opinion if it goes against the grain...

neverfastenough
10-20-2007, 07:47 PM
I won't run nox, which if I did right now would put my car in the 12's easily obviously.

I wouldnt go as much as saying 12's easily there killer. Controlling and launching a 12.9 sc isnt a walk in the park, plus if hes runnning 14.0 to a 12.9 it would take your 14.6 car a bit more juice and more probs can occur.

T1Bird
10-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Good for you guys, beat me to it, was trying so hard to be the first internal stock car to go 12's, I went today couldn't get any better then a 13.098, hats off to you, NOS or not, shes still moving.

Bruce

KwikGSeX
10-20-2007, 07:55 PM
And just where did I say it was a bad thing... I started out by asking what you where making without nox.... then I voiced my thoughts on nox, and now I'm getting trashed because I voiced my opinion.

You can do whatever you want to your car, but personally I'll be more impressed with a car that can run 12's without nox than one with.

1. I won't run nox, which if I did right now would put my car in the 12's easily obviously.

So be it.... and as I said earlier... obviously one is not allowed to voice one's opinion if it goes against the grain...

No your opinion is your own and you are always allowed to voice it. The problem here is I think you are 100% wrong.

The point I've been trying to prove is that you can run nitrous on a stock motor and have it live. This is a bone stock 175k motor with who knows when the hg were done. I know for a fact they were not done this millenium. Its got around 15 passes on the bottle in total and not 1 hiccup. I don't think you need to build a motor to run 12s on the bottle. You can do that as your car sits with a proper tune.

fturner
10-20-2007, 07:56 PM
I know where I stand now... obviously.

David Neibert
10-20-2007, 07:57 PM

You can voice your opionion all you want....just don't get upset if everyone doesn't agree with you. When you post in a guy's thread that just reached a goal and is sharing the good news, only to say your not impressed because he used nitrous, you have to expect to get a little flack.

BTW...I think 12 second SCs without nitrous are cooler than 12 second SCs with nitrous too. I think 10 second SCs without nitrous are even cooler.

David

fturner
10-20-2007, 08:03 PM
All I stated was to me a true reflection of what a motor can produce is what it does without juice etc. I wanted a comparison to what a stock SC motor is, and unless my car is a freak, a stock SC doesn't have nox.

Whatever, this has gone stupid.

SUPERMN12
10-20-2007, 08:06 PM
I know where I stand now... obviously.

Obviously you stand .... in the 14 second territory.

"Think Outside the Bun"

-FKR

CMac89
10-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Actually a dude named Jay, aka fastsc92, that used to roam around here ran a 12.7x at 107mph on a 75 shot and a stock internal motor. Remember that guy?

I haven't seen him around for a while.

Good job, Dennis. Almost as fast as my car, son!!!

83GT460
10-20-2007, 09:22 PM

Why not run 12's? You don't have to build an engine to run 12's and you don't have to run NOS. Like a couple of others here I managed to run a 13.07@102 with bolt ons and a 2 year old out of date tune. With more injector and some tuning could have most likely run high 12's. My car is still an internally stock engine with only heads and cam thrown in run's 12.40's is driven 20,000miles a year and is completely reliable. Now voice your opinion and when you have said your peace finish that statement with congrats on the new times!

Charles

XR7 Dave
10-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Actually a dude named Jay, aka fastsc92, that used to roam around here ran a 12.7x at 107mph on a 75 shot and a stock internal motor. Remember that guy?

I haven't seen him around for a while.

Good job, Dennis. Almost as fast as my car, son!!!

Nope, Jay never ran 12's until after heads and cam.

And no one here is big enough to call Dennis "son". :eek:

fturner
10-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Congrats on the run.....

XxSlowpokexX
10-20-2007, 10:10 PM
And no one here is big enough to call Dennis "son".
Exept me

Now once again to Go to the track and run a 15.0 in an SC..Of course I almost left my motor for lunch with that blown motor mount..This whole 15 sec SC thing is getting to me..Ill post about thsi fiasco later haha

And Dennis was flying

Micahdogg
10-21-2007, 01:56 AM
102 is FTW!!!! That is like, my M90 and bolt on numbers!!! 1111111owne111ownoes. :)

J\k....maybe you'll get some real numbers soon :) congrats man.

SCme94
10-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Nice job Dennis!

VicRattlehead
10-21-2007, 07:17 PM

so a purpose built car that runs n2o isnt a true reflection of the car?? if you want to say that, then say it this way, take the supercharger off and put an intake on it and then run it. thats the true reflection of what that engine is capable of.

and dennis, my 12 second pass was with 1 power adder not 2 like yours :P hehe.

nice job dude!

THE BIRDMAN
10-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Congrats on the run.So what all has been done other than the nitrous kit?And do you plan on leaving it at 70 or what size do you plan to run on it in the end.

Jay

KwikGSeX
10-23-2007, 03:44 AM
Congrats on the run.So what all has been done other than the nitrous kit?And do you plan on leaving it at 70 or what size do you plan to run on it in the end.

Jay

Nothing much really.. Intake, MAF, TB, MP inlet, ported 94 blower, SC Top, FMIC, headers and 2.5" exhaust.. Oh and an EEC Tuner.. The 70 was foreplay.. Now its time to **** We are gonna redo the fuel system with some parts I have laying around and take it back to the dyno to retune it with either a 125 or a 150 shot.. If it stays together it should make for an interesting day at the track..

THE BIRDMAN
10-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Nothing much really.. Intake, MAF, TB, MP inlet, ported 94 blower, SC Top, FMIC, headers and 2.5" exhaust.. Oh and an EEC Tuner.. The 70 was foreplay.. Now its time to **** We are gonna redo the fuel system with some parts I have laying around and take it back to the dyno to retune it with either a 125 or a 150 shot.. If it stays together it should make for an interesting day at the track..

Looks like you may have a deep 12 or better pass in you're future as long as everything stays together.Good luck and keep us posted.

Jay

Scott Long
10-23-2007, 08:09 AM
150 shot, no guts no glory! :D

David Neibert
10-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Even with a built bottom end, I'm afraid to use more than a 100 HP shot... a 150 shot on a stock long block :eek::eek:

David

KwikGSeX
10-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Even with a built bottom end, I'm afraid to use more than a 100 HP shot... a 150 shot on a stock long block :eek::eek:

David

I said it from the beginning. I want to see how far we can take the stock block. My theory is it can take as much nitrous as the motor itself is physically capable of handling it. Just make sure the supporting mods are there and the tune is right. Iras 475whp stock shortblock gives me ideas about 200+ shots.

FKR water boy
10-23-2007, 09:55 AM
nice job Dennis/Mike. You have to let me drive that thing on the track once.

Micahdogg
10-23-2007, 10:16 AM
150 will be fine, just don't spray too early and bring a lot of spark plugs with you. Wouldn't surprise me if you burn up electrodes by the end of each run.

XxSlowpokexX
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Weve run a couple of hundred HP and dual stages without burning up plugs on my buddies sbf. So long as hes tuned he should be ok...200shot on an SC..Imagine that! Somethings gotta give

Scott Long
10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I'd be a little worried about the fuel supply to the nitrous kit as Tim had mentioned to me at the shootout. It causes a lean condition when the system first sprays. If the fuel solenoid has it's own feed line from before the rail I think it might be fine with a 150 shot, now if the heads stay on it, thats the next question.

KwikGSeX
10-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I'd be a little worried about the fuel supply to the nitrous kit as Tim had mentioned to me at the shootout. It causes a lean condition when the system first sprays. If the fuel solenoid has it's own feed line from before the rail I think it might be fine with a 150 shot, now if the heads stay on it, thats the next question.

Plans are in effect to combat that but im pretty sure we wont have a problem with the lean condition with the new setup.. My worry is 1.) Since we dont know WHEN the HG's were or IF they were ever done they may let go if we push it higher than a 100 shot.. Thats no biggie.. Swap em out, put in ARP's and call it a day.. 2.) The fogger kit itself causes a lean condition in cylinders 3&6 since they get the first hit.. So have to figure something else out or we may not be able to tune the car properly on a really hard hit..

Scott Long
10-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Plans are in effect to combat that but im pretty sure we wont have a problem with the lean condition with the new setup.. My worry is 1.) Since we dont know WHEN the HG's were or IF they were ever done they may let go if we push it higher than a 100 shot.. Thats no biggie.. Swap em out, put in ARP's and call it a day.. 2.) The fogger kit itself causes a lean condition in cylinders 3&6 since they get the first hit.. So have to figure something else out or we may not be able to tune the car properly on a really hard hit..

direct port nozzles plumbed up under the manifold stealth style, drill out the expansion plug on the back of the block for your input line.... That thought has crossed my mind as well. Mount the solenoids down low on the firewall. Could be sneaky with it, not that you need to be for a track car, but for a street car!!!

Miller
10-23-2007, 04:25 PM
FKR's setup is pretty in your face with lines and solonoids running all over.
FKR <3 juice almost as much as McDonalds breakfast

SUPERMN12
10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
FKR's setup is pretty in your face with lines and solonoids running all over.
FKR <3 juice almost as much as McDonalds breakfast

almost......

David Neibert
10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
150 shot on stock longblock should be very exciting. I just hope you don't get oil under the rear tires when it lets go.

David

SUPERMN12
10-23-2007, 05:56 PM
150 shot on stock longblock should be very exciting. I just hope you don't get oil under the rear tires when it lets go.

David

Dont worry Dave, The big guy with the "S" on his chest is lookin out for us.;)

KwikGSeX
10-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Video is finally up and running..

Team FKR FTMFW!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCBm2CI-0WY)

David Neibert
10-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Nevermind...

KwikGSeX
10-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Oopsy!! Link fixed!!

tim
10-23-2007, 10:10 PM
I gotta get nitrous and wear my hat backwards. WASUP?:D

Jacob_Royer
10-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Thats sweet! how much boost are you running?

FKR water boy
10-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Thats sweet! how much boost are you running?

I think it was close to 20psi. last time at the dyno the 20psi autometer gauge was pegged :eek:

Wanted1990SC
10-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Video is finally up and running..

Team FKR FTMFW!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCBm2CI-0WY)

do you have the video without the music? I'd like to hear the car better. That was an impressive run.

KwikGSeX
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
do you have the video without the music? I'd like to hear the car better. That was an impressive run.

Hear ya go.. Please note one muffler is missing the top part of it :)

Non Musical, Non Sarcastical version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xI1hm6zw7Y)

Scott Long
10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Nice runs, I'd like to drive it and see what I could get it to do. I always seem to run fast times in other peoples cars, probably because I used to weight 140 lbs soaking wet.

CMac89
10-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Nice runs, I'd like to drive it and see what I could get it to do. I always seem to run fast times in other peoples cars, probably because I used to weight 140 lbs soaking wet.

Come drive my car? Maybe you can get it to run 12.40's?

Scott Long
10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
I weigh like 173 now but I'm down for a try. What's your local track? IRP or Muncie?

CMac89
10-24-2007, 09:28 PM
I weigh like 173 now but I'm down for a try. What's your local track? IRP or Muncie?

I weigh 180 so we weigh the same for the most part. My home track is IRP, but I go to Muncie and US41.

fturner
10-24-2007, 09:30 PM

I wonder if I can get my car to run 14.3 if you drive it since I'm only 7 pounds heavier :D.

KwikGSeX
10-25-2007, 04:05 AM

Scott, Nov 17 we are going to be at Cecil County to better our times.. Make the 6 hour drive and come for the day.. Its actually a track rental day so you should run one of the cars :D

XxSlowpokexX
10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Um noone told me how much to run that day.....:O)

Miller
10-25-2007, 11:27 AM
it cost me $160 for the capital trip... so , ALOT

Ira R.
10-25-2007, 11:41 AM
it cost me $160 for the capital trip... so , ALOT

That will teach you to eat lunch and get stuck buying the beer! :p

Ira

Miller
10-25-2007, 11:45 AM
there was no beer! there was lunch.. but..

MARYLAND TOLLS = THE SUCK

KwikGSeX
10-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Um noone told me how much to run that day.....:O)

Umm its track rental day so take a wild guess. (ill give you a hint its not gonna be $15). On the bright side you do get to hot lap the car.

XxSlowpokexX
10-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Depends I have been to track rentals days at etown and atco for 125. So if I did deductive reasoning (Etown is 30 or 35 to race and Cecil is 15)...

75 bucks or so.

Really depends on how many peopel are going. The price can change drastically...So just give a price and how many people are there spots for.

Hot lapping my 15 sec SC is not going to get me into the 14's haha 14's...

pablon2
10-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Congrats on getting into the 12's. If you gained a full second+ running a 70 shot....I really wish now I would have run the 75 shot when I last ran. I hit 13.4 without it. In my sig.

XR7 Dave
10-25-2007, 12:57 PM
And don't forget the "Cecil mod". haha. Everyone knows running at Cecil is typically worth at least .2 sec if not more. Something about 25 ft elevation and a downhill track........

Miller
10-25-2007, 01:01 PM
and i hear its short!

XR7 Dave
10-25-2007, 01:21 PM
and i hear its short!Whatever works. I mean hey, as long as the car is tooned for it then you should be good, right?

Miller
10-25-2007, 02:07 PM
tuned for downhill?

XxSlowpokexX
10-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Next SCCOA sposored event. Measure your racetrack and elevation according to "" set of rules. Needs to have "" number of SCCOA members to witness.

List of banned tracks

List of unbanned tracks.

Yah this could be fun.

ORRRR we can just listen to the NHRA which has sanctioned that dragstrip.

Now is that 2 tenths at 200mph or 100mph?..Or in my case under 100mph..I wanna know where I stand in gaining 2 tenths if I go:O)

Oh yah I know all about Cecil..Deliverence, dualin banjos and all

KwikGSeX
10-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Here's the info on the track day for Nov 17th.. Its $55 if you PayPal it.. 150 car limit.. Im gonna sign up tomorrow..

Cecil County Track Day (http://www.superstallions.com/forum/tm.asp?m=136981&mpage=1&key=&#136981)

Miller
10-25-2007, 03:47 PM
i shalst paypal it out maybe 2night

XxSlowpokexX
10-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Who rented it???

jludorf
10-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Nice run, by the way did you fix the brakes or is it still plugged.

KwikGSeX
10-26-2007, 03:23 AM
Nice run, by the way did you fix the brakes or is it still plugged.

Naw fixed those the next day we got back..

XR7 Dave
10-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Naw fixed those the next day we got back..Good thing too. Bad brakes and no front bumper is real bad Ju-ju. :)

Damon, NHRA doesn't certify whether or not the track is 100% level, etc. I think they are more concerned with safety. Anyway, no one said the run wouldn't be valid. It's just that for "comparison sake" it is of much more useful data acquisition to run several cars at the same time, in the same place. To require everyone to do so is ridiculous and impossible.

It is well known on the east coast that if you want your car to go a "little faster" you can just do the "Cecil Mod." I didn't coin the term, I learned it on the intreaweeb! Well, that and I know people who run there for that very purpose. :D Hell I might come out that way one day and see what a little "Cecil Majic" can do for me. ;)

XxSlowpokexX
10-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I didn't coin the term, I learned it on the intreaweeb!

You said it yourself...Never believe everything you read on the intraweb!

Actually its not that well known to your average lil guy like me. I only found out about the possability of it being a faster track a month ago.

For us in NYC it isnt about going faster its about having a legal venue to even attempt to do so. We need to travel to a track..And when we do we are lucky to get three runs in. A Cecil track rental is cheaper and to run there is only 15 bucks normally..Compared to 30 or more at Etown and close to 50 when LID closed a few years back in long island.

My only request sfor a track is that I can go in a straight line, stop, turn around (Not go offroading on the return road) and run again.

Payton
10-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Damn, now I have to work on weight reduction? WHAT? :rolleyes: I weight 230, sometimes 245 when bulking up...

SUPERMN12
10-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Damn, now I have to work on weight reduction? WHAT? :rolleyes: I weight 230, sometimes 245 when bulking up...

You dont "NEED" weight reduction. The car made that pass with my fat @ss tipping the scales @ a lil over 300 lbs (hence Fat Kid Racing). We removed 1/3rd of the front bumper (for the front mount) and changed over to 1 racing bucket, thats all. This car is all about the combo of parts and a good tune (yes, No2 helps of course). Hopefully @ Cecil, we will run a pass with "SKR" aka "FKR Waterboy";)

As far as "The Cecil Factor" goes, I've been there multiple times with an 8 second turbo 'stang. He runs the same numbers there, @ e-town, @ atco, and @ Island. Talked to many people who have drag raced there for years, and found out that the track gets checked by NHRA every year, @ least once, sometimes 2x a year. Everything is measured, all the markers, all the way down. As far as picking up 2 "TENTHS", i call BS. The owner of a rail car that races every week claims that the left lane is worth 2 hundredths in a 7 second or faster car. I guess we'll find out soon enough. We'll keep you guys posted, of course;).

-Mike

XxSlowpokexX
10-26-2007, 10:07 AM
My car had already run a 14.6 prior to last weeks shananigins...So any gain I get is due to me fixing stuff and figuring out how to drive this BEAST (haha all 15 sec of it)

XR7 Dave
10-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Maybe it's the elevation, who knows. I know my car ran 12.95 at Englishtown blowing off the IC tube at 3/4 track but the best I could get at the time was 13.1 here in OH.

CMac89
10-26-2007, 10:49 AM
NO NO NO SON

I go to Englishtown three times a year.

Shut down area is a bit uphill so a downhill track is an illusion. Englishtown has ridiculous air, yo.

It's an oxygen enriched environment, low elevation, and the barometer is always around 30.50-30.75. This spring it was 800ft. BELOW sea level. In my race cars, you can expect an automatic two tenths faster than over here in the spring.

About a tenth per thousand feet DA. I have $2000 worth of weather station equipment and it almost goes on overload at East Coast tracks.

KwikGSeX
10-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Ive been waiting all my life to say this.. 420 Bob..

SUPERMN12
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3IuHMxFHjQ
LOLOL

CMac89
10-26-2007, 11:28 AM

Excuse me sir, you've been kicked inda nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo1FgUqlsPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7U7KLSW2Zs

Scott Long
10-26-2007, 06:58 PM
ouch I'd beat his ~~~

XxSlowpokexX
10-26-2007, 07:23 PM
LID was always quicker then Etown due to elevation..Goooddd stuffff

jludorf
10-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Excuse me sir, you've been kicked inda nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo1FgUqlsPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7U7KLSW2Zs

Man that's mean, I'd have to return the favor whether I was on tv or not.

THE BIRDMAN
10-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Cecil is just an illusion due to the shut down area.It's just our elevation out here that makes us seen faster than say the midwest where I moved from.I've run many times at cecil and at delmar and run the same at both tracks.It's just cecil is at almost sea level with out the baro or anything added in.But I must say I've run at numerous places out here ,cecil,delmar,mir,e-town,budds creek etc and must say I like cecil the most of all the tracks.I the like "backwoods" feel of it.Kinda reminds me a little of mar in wentzville Mo.

Jay

David Neibert
10-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Too bad that MAR closed down a few years ago...really liked that track, but the shutdown portion was a little scary.

David