how often add sc fluid

Well, me thinks it only holds about 8oz it would be hard to put in 16.

Checking the sc fluid level if the SC is old should fall into the same time you check your engine oil me thinks.

nah. the sc oil shouldnt have to be changed for the life of the car. check it at 100k, fill to the bottom of the plug. use airplane turbine oil, doesnt smell like feet. :)

If I where you, I'd reconsider how often you check the blower oil level, or you could end up with something like what happened to another guy not so long ago....

But hey, its your car.

nah. the sc oil shouldnt have to be changed for the life of the car. check it at 100k, fill to the bottom of the plug. use airplane turbine oil, doesnt smell like feet. :)

ha, ur saying that like he just bought the car yesterday with 10 miles on it.

The Supercharger oil from GM has a recommended service life of around 30,000 mi. The Ford stuff has no published service life that I know of.
They probably figure you would have blown the head gaskets and junked the car before the oil in the blower was an issue.
The Ford stuff smells like a bad pair of tenny shoes!

Its not so much what the life expectancy is, but the fact that unless you have just had the blower rebuilt with new seals, the original seals if not already leaking will probably start very soon.

And talking of SC oil, I just got some from my local CarQuest, and he got it in under AC Delco and sold it to me for about $4.00 a 4oz bottle.

BP Turbine oil

I was VERY unhappy with the non-synthetic GM fluid. Boiled, cooked and turned nasty black in my blower in less than 1,000 miles, where the original Ford synthetic was still clear after over 90k. If you overdrive your blower, I would stay away from it. I poured all that gnarly crap out out and ordered a full quart of BP Turo Oil 2380 from:
http://www.oil-store.com/
It's made for aircraft gas turbine engines and will definatley have a wider operational temp range and higher boiling point than the GM stuff. A quart, which is 4 full blower fills, is only $12.00 + shipping.
This wasn't my idea, btw. David N. and a few other guys had posted they were using it. Credit were it's due.

My $.02

Daspanka

Is That what I should use when I pick up a new ported late M90? from scp

In my opinion, it is. I think most guys (including me) have bought the GM fluid because it's cheap. I personally believe that it's not as good as the Ford fluid and both aren't as good as the Turbine oil. I've drained and refilled my blower 4 times performing mods of one type or another. The Ford fluid always comes back out crystal clear. the Turbine oil is crystal clear of after a 400 mile round trip and 30 minutes beating on it on Road Atlanta. The GM fliud looks like liquid feces. Maybe that's why GM recommends changing it, because they know it will form varnish when exposed to heat and friction.

Daspanka

Back