testing for leaky injectors

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
How do I 'test' for leaky injectors? I was thinking probably once the supercharger is removed, get the whole rail out (meaning all 6 injectors) and turn the key to pressurize the system and see which of the injectors bleeds. Is there any other way? Perhaps something simpler?

My problem is a no start condition, I put a fuel gauge to the rail and the pressure doesnt get too high and bleeds out really quick. Not ignition related, 90% of ignition parts were tested with working ones from the 94. I just finished installing a 255lph high pressure fuel pump, new fuel filter, all fuel pump circuits have been tested (inertia switch & IRCM and fuses). Its either this, the fuel regulator or I DUNO ~~~ else it could be....sorry, venting a bit. :mad:

http://sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19261

this checks for vac leaks, but can also work for injectors as well, in fact that is one of the places you should check for this test. From what you are describing, I don't think a leaky injector would make your car not start. I would do this test (def. can't hurt), but also check the fuel pressure at the rails. This can tell you if you have an issue with your fuel pump/filter. Also do a dynamic run test.

Back