ABS Pump Relay

Alright I posted a thread a while back about a wierd sound my car was making and got a resoponse from Duffy Flloyd:

It is a aymptom of your ABS Pump Relay sticking closed. What is happening is you start the car the pump motor runs and continues to run until you lift the internal relief valve in the ABS Hydraulic Actuator. That is the noise you are hearing...the relief lifted. The motor will run for about 10 minutes...then trip on thermal overload until it cools then start running again.

Replace the relay. Also possible your Anti Pressure Switch is sticking but MUCH less likely.

Can anyone tell me how i would go about replacing the relay (Pictures?!?!) because i have no idea what ABS are or what they do lol, so i'm not sure exactly on how to replace the relay.

Didnt do anything???? Meaning the symptoms you had remain? How about going over exactly what those were again please?

As far as the Anti-Lock Light....take it to the dealer (or a garage with the correct code reader) and read what the codes are. Since the light is on all the time you should have a code(s) stored.

No actually the symptoms come and go, they went away after a while with the old relay in. So i figured i would replace the relay since i bought it, might as well right. Just for reference, i would hear a loud humming noise whenever i was in neutral or simply didn't have my foot on the gas. The last time i heard it was before i replaced my IAC but whatever. I guess the light isn't a big deal at the moment its just really bright and annoying :D Or maybe it is what would i know...

Never mind.. I just saw your last reply. Try this... do a search on "ABS driveway test" and see if anything related to ABS shows up. Then try it out. Those are not technical terms, its a term I coined.

Last edited:
Back