Mirror problem

scbird1

I just went to pull the plug on my remote mirrors and all the wires came out of the block. :eek: Can someone post a a pic of what wire goes where? Thanks

I got it

Had to fight the rain outside but has anyone taken apart their mirror switch and could not find anything wrong?
After looking alot closer I found these breaks in the circuit boards on both of my switches. I could not get my mirrors to go down or to the right but they went left and up just fine. I just cleaned away some of the covering and a little solder and wa la, they work perfect now.

Attachments

• DVC00043.JPG
    DVC00043.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DVC00044.JPG
    DVC00044.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DVC00042.JPG
    DVC00042.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 35
Mirror switch

Was that the switch on the door? I have the same problem and I need to fix it. Did the one switch go bad or both? If the drivers side was bad, did it cause the other side to act the same way?

Jester

Was that the switch on the door? Yes
Did the one switch go bad or both? I had 2 bad switches but one is a extra.
Did the one switch go bad or both? If the drivers side was bad, did it cause the other side to act the same way?
Both side do the same thing when the switch goes bad. Part of the circit board gets rubed off under the switch that controls the left and right. It all pops right apart. If you can find a good one in the junk yard you would be better off. Hope this helps. Mark

Back