Suspension Issues

Ira R.

I was putting the front skinnys on the car this weekend to make sure they will fit over the new brakes we put on and I couldn't help but notice that the front end looks like it hasn't been touched in forever. There is probably more rubber in a rubber band then on my ball joints right now! :eek:

So, I am starting my winter "to do" list with the suspension. Before I just start throwing in OEM parts I would like to get some opinions. Now the car is not bouncing around any, in fact it holds the road pretty well but I do drive with it in firm mode all the time, so I believe the shocks may be good. And I do not want to lower the car any, so if I have to replace the springs I'm not looking for anything special.

But shocks and springs aside, which probably will be done anyway since I will have it apart, what does everyone think of the aftermarket stuff that is available as opposed to the OEM parts? Think rear suspension as well.

Ira

Ira,

Is your care primarily going to be a track car or do you intend to enjoy it on the road as a dual purpose vehicle?

What are you wililng to give up for potentially better track performance at the expense of driveability on the road?

Ira,

Is your care primarily going to be a track car or do you intend to enjoy it on the road as a dual purpose vehicle?

What are you wililng to give up for potentially better track performance at the expense of driveability on the road?

Good question. It will be dual purpose, but I am willing to give up some handling and cornering for the straight line. The car will be used around town, but will probably be stretched only during short straight line bursts or during the usual high speed highway driving.

Ira

Last edited:
Back