89 stock gears

If I remember correctly that pumpkin should have 3.27 ratio with an open end. meaning no trac-lok. If you look on the tag on the pumpkin if it has the letter TL somewhere then that pumpkin would have Trac-Lok. I hope I still remember this correctly.
Good Luck
:cool:

If I remember correctly that pumpkin should have 3.27 ratio with an open end. meaning no trac-lok. If you look on the tag on the pumpkin if it has the letter TL somewhere then that pumpkin would have Trac-Lok. I hope I still remember this correctly.
Good Luck
:cool:

all 89-93 sc's, auto and manual had trac locs plus 94-95 manuals, only 94-95 auto's had traction assist with open diff.

gears

do you guys think it would help me cause i was thinkin about putting the diff in my car it was rebuild about 2 years ago. i have an 89 5speed with stock gears. so its probly in better shape them mine

This has been beat to death. 3.27's in a 5-speed are faster around town but may not be the best gears for drag racing. Personally I have 3.27's in my 5-speed and LOVE them. The car feels like it's 500 lbs lighter and really pulls hard in 5th on the highway. I no longer need to throw down to 4th to pass cars, just call up some boost and go.

some people like 3.27, some people like the 3.08. it just depends on personal preference. do a search and see what u think would be best for u.

Back