upgrading supercharger

kent92

How hard is it to change the supercharger in a 92 to a 94. also what is the value of the supercharger.

Super easy, everything is a direct bolt up replcement. As far as the value; it just depends what you are willing to pay. Most of the late model superchargers you see for sale will go for about $300-$400 with plenum.

thanks for the info tim. Mine whines a lot and i wanted a little more power. Right now everything is stock and i am looking for ways to improve things without breaking the bank.

early mode;d dont suck they can be made to flow very well ive made a few flow great not as good as the mpx but better than a stock 94-95 maybe on par with a S port

Last edited:
sorry sorry sorry sorry

**UPDATE***

They suck unless you take it out of your car and send it off to that guy above me... I hear hes got skillllz :D

Before you even consider going that route, make sure you have upgraded your exhaust. At the very least get rid of that stock resonator.

A ported 94/95 style will really wake up your car. Just keep in mind, if you go to overdrive your blower you will drive your ACT's up, and our cars will pull timing once the ACT has reached 120F and by the time it hits 150F timing has been pulled 4 degrees. Trust me when I say, it doesn't take much to hit those temps either. If you do Od the blower, then consider doing something to upgrade your IC.

true that first thing i tell em is upgrade exh first not really necissary but it is a good start so you can mod later without worries about exh retrictions .

a stock sc is not really restricted even a mild od blower wont hurt anything head gaskets blow because of many reasons mostly id say bolt failure

improperly torqued streach head bolts or over tightened hd bolts
warped block or heads. hell they last 130k+ miles . 5% od is good start no real tuning needed for thaT . but upgrading blowers means upgrading injectors tune and a better ic or fan mounted to one .

I personally moded my exh then my heads were ported then i od the blower and went to 42 lbs injestors my sc at its best using milds parts turned a 13:22 with ported heads ported exh manifolds ported blower ported intake plenum 70mm tb unit 10% crank pulley and 5% jackshaft pulley both i made .

no tune just pump gas and knowing when to launch and shift my car

the stock blower will get you to low 13s with mild port and mild od dont over od the stock blower it gets hot ported blowers make less heat .

my sc made 12 lbs boost stock i did all this stuff and my boost is 14 lbs

dont sound impressive does it but head exh flow so good i lost boost the od just builds it up again boost is not hp well flowing cool boost is hp

a hot 14 lbs boost is not good but a cold 12 lbs will make more power that the 14 lbs because its cooler and denser air more air molicules per volume that hot air

Manny what would it take to make my blower look and flow like that?

Have you shipped my package yet? Maybe this winter I can send you the blower for porting.

Also changing the blower is easy, I can have mine off in 20 minutes or less.

I can attest to Manny's skills. He has hooked me up in the past. Oh, and BTW, you also need to update your fuel system. You need bigger injectors, a different inlet, MAF, and TB to get the most out of your setup.

Chris

Back