Need advice

Wicked SC

Hi there fellas. I need your input once again, please. I'm saving some money to begin modifying my '95 SC. I'll begin by doing the exhaust (yeah, another exhaust system question). I already know I'll be adding high-flowing cats, but I'm looking at the Borla and Flowmaster Force II cat-back systems.
1) I keep hearing about this "drone" emitted by the Flowmaster system - What is that?
The F/M kit is cheaper but doesn't come with the res. If I buy the resonator separately, the price difference will be about $200 (Borla costs more). I'm trying to avoid having my car sound like a friggin' ricer, though. I'm also not trying to break any decibel records. I just want something civilized that will sound good and be a good foundation for modifying my SC.
2) Can I add headers at a latter time, or do I have to do that at the same time?
3) Which system would you guys go with?

WickedSC,
The drone is for real. I put a set of Flowmaster Delta's on my 95 SC and at highway speeds it makes a low roar or rumble. It sounds fairly nice at low speeds but a little loader than I wanted at 65+ on the road. I won't remove the resonators as it will drive you nuts without them. Best advise is to remove the air silencer, add a K&N panel filter and go from there. Stock my car ran a 9.9 sec 1/8th mile and with a shift kit, K&N, Flowmasters and air silencer removed...it ran 8.8. Smoked my sons 95 Mustang GT by better than 1/2 sec. He's ticked.
Good Luck!

Back