90sc idle **ADDED VIDEO**

franky_402

Ok, i have a 90 5 speed. I have a cheap ~~~ cai from ebay with the bend going down to the front bumper. When i start the car sometimes it will jump up to 1500 and return to a normal idle after a few seconds. Sometime it will start and drop to about 250 and start to stumble sometimes it will die but most of the time it will catch up with itself and jump back up to about 1000. Also sometimes when im sitting at a light it will jump +/- about 100, 200 rpm's slowly and stabilize. I was thinking the iac but wanted to check here. Also car has 96,000 miles. Also i use mobile 1 full synthetic 5w30 oil if that matters at all! Things i have done is removed silencer, replaced coolant and upper and lower coolant hose and replaced all belts with goodyear gatorbacks. My 93lx i had did the same thing but i never fixed it and didnt really care about it but this car means so much more to me!!

thats what i was thinking also but want to make sure before i replace a 100$ part and it doesnt solve ~~~~. BTW How is your car coming along!!

its doing good, i too have idle problems right now lol, if you look at my threads actually you can read a lot about solving idle problems cuz thats all i have been having problems with lately. I'm actually going to go get a new iac as well, hopefully my problems will be solved!

got a video of the idle jumping when i start it up. Sorry about the quality its from my phone. I started it up the first time and it was doing it orse so i shut it down and grabbed my phone. This is after a 1 hour trip and letting it sit for about 20 minutes!!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-Ec76x3jZA"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-Ec76x3jZA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

also the car shakes a little bit at idle, and not cuz its modded, im sure the motor mounts are shot!! At the end of the video when the rpms jump to 2k i hit the gas that usually striaghtens out the idle if i do that once or twice. I will try to get a better vid of the tach dipping but i figured you guys would get the idea!

I had motor mounts in my car cause a rough Idle before.

Also, I used the IAC from Autozone, and had no problems with it. ( Alot cheaper than OEM) Just get the one that looks exactly like the old one, not the one with the long pig tail.

Mike

well see my az doesnt have it in stock so i have to order do you remember the part number or brand. All they have is a wells unit, and a duralast unit both for 60.99 It says they are o.e. equivalent and both come with a 1 year warranty!

well see my az doesnt have it in stock so i have to order do you remember the part number or brand. All they have is a wells unit, and a duralast unit both for 60.99 It says they are o.e. equivalent and both come with a 1 year warranty!

This is cheating, but if you have any way to do it..have a shop order you the part. Put it on and see if it works. If it doesn't fix your problem, take it back to the shop and have them return it.
I did that often through my brother's work. :D

It's also sad how close our symptons appear to be.
OH..and Ottawa ehh? Do you know where Greenville/Vandalia are?

The IAC I got from Autozone was a Wells. The one I received was exactly like the stock piece, and even were the stock part number is located at, was scratched off the Wells piece. Like they got there parts from the same place as ford and just removed Fords Part number. Plus it was cheaper.

when i first got the car i took it to my walmart and they ran some injector ~~~~ through the tank and hooked up a pressurized tank into the engine somewhere. They said it forced the stuff through the injectors also while the tank treatment helped the process! My uncle is making me a cold air divider though so i can remove that cai bend and see if that helps at all.

Back