Spring Help?

tim

I want to redo the front suspension on my car. Now its stock. I have a set of lx front springs and shocks I was thinking about putting on. Are they a lot lighter? Right now the car sits way up in the front with all the weight I have taken off. And I plan on taking a lot more out! It does however really transfer the weight well. I dont have money for anything really fancy. Thanks Tim:D

Tim,

The LX front springs/shocks really aren't noticeably lighter (when holding a LX combo in one hand and a SC combo in the other). If they are 3.8L NA LX springs, they may help lower the nose a bit, though.

-Rod

I switched from broken 94 Sc springs to 94LX's

The springs on the 94 LX look similar except the coil spring's diameter/ or rolled rod diameter is smaller. When I switched front springs the last 3 tighter spirals lay right on top of each other even though there not broken. I just think their not spose to handle the heavier load of the sc. When I was in the junk yard I should have grabbed the ones off of the 90 LX as the were single rate springs the same heavy coil diameter as the broken SC's ones. Ride seems better conpaired to broken ones. The one 92 SC in my local junk yard has both front ones broken:mad:

Back